Strange behavior from headlamp

Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
The
STandard Honda switch-gear... which are way more reliable then like those used by Kawa I might add... 😏
(GF also has an ER-5... a notorious clutch switch it has... ;))
The first year the headlight cutout switch was introduced on all Honda’s was back in the 1975 model year. This was in response to the new federal regulations requiring all motorcycle headlights to be on during operation. The cutout switch was introduced to minimize the load on the battery during starting.

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R, NT700
The first year the headlight cutout switch was introduced on all Honda’s was back in the 1975 model year. This was in response to the new federal regulations requiring all motorcycle headlights to be on during operation. The cutout switch was introduced to minimize the load on the battery during starting.

We had more individual responsibility given over here, my '00 ST1100 still has a fully operational light-switch: OFF/P/LOW...
Sure, by now everyone is patronized by the nanny-state, flick the key on any newer models and the whole funfair lights up... makes working/diagnose on electrics quite a PITA at times, but ensures battery and vehicle bulb MFG shareholders their quarterlies... 🤔

Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
I should’ve been more specific with my response. “All US Models”. I forgot you’re outside the US.

Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
I should’ve been more specific with my response. “All US Models”. I forgot you’re outside the US.
This is what the US right NT700V switch pod looks like. We are unable to switch off our lights since 1975. Additionally we do not have both the “PASS” & “HAZARDS” switches on our control switch pods.

875BC595-3DCC-4DD1-949D-796BDEC0F3BA.jpeg

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I'd like to have the hazard flashes. My Silverwing had them and I would really like to have them when I have to stop at night. I use the left turn signals for an emergency flasher, but I don't think that's as good.

Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
I'd like to have the hazard flashes. My Silverwing had them and I would really like to have them when I have to stop at night. I use the left turn signals for an emergency flasher, but I don't think that's as good.

I covered how to add a switch to get Hazard functionality in this thread.

How Does The Flasher Unit Work - Brillot2000

Sorry that many of the image links have been lost due to time.

You should start with post #14 and read on from there.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Top Bottom