strange click/tick noise

Daniel

Hope someone can help me with this. The other day I noticed a soft click noise coming from the engine compartment. It is associated with throttle movement. It only happens with the bike running and coolant temp at the first bar on the temp guage (bike warmed up). I removed the LEFT black side cover and found it was coming from what I think? is the water pump. I say think because it doesn't look like the water pump in the microfiche picture I found online. Is anybody familiar with the noise/problem and is that the water pump?

Bike
2010 Red NT 700
Hope someone can help me with this. The other day I noticed a soft click noise coming from the engine compartment. It is associated with throttle movement. It only happens with the bike running and coolant temp at the first bar on the temp guage (bike warmed up). I removed the LEFT black side cover and found it was coming from what I think? is the water pump. I say think because it doesn't look like the water pump in the microfiche picture I found online. Is anybody familiar with the noise/problem and is that the water pump?
Not sure Daniel, but I do know from experience that when the ears pay too much attention to every sound, anxiety can take over. I find it helpful to remind myself that it's a Honda!

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Associated with throttle movement or with rpm?
No noise at idle?
Does it go away when you pull in the clutch?

bicyclist

Tain't the water pump. That's down at the bottom of the crankcase on the left side.

Ya sure it isn't just valve noise?

Herb's right; probably nothing to be concerned about. If you can hear it when you're wearing your earplugs, then get concerned.:wink:

OP
OP

Daniel

OK, after further review I have found the the click/tick noise is coming from the Air Injection Valve. Only does it when the bike is warmed-up with any throttle movement at any speed, rpm. The bike is running fine, but if things start to act-up I'll know where to look first. I really like my NT, good mpg and practical.

Top Bottom