Suffering at the Wagonhammer RV resort near Salmon Idaho. Good 2 day ride so far

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
I thought for a minute that you were at the same campground I camped at a few times about 10 miles south of where you are. But I was closer to the river.

Here's your challenge. See if your XT can make up to the Bighorn Crags Campground. I tried on my Vesys a few years ago and chickened out about 5miles short because I didn't want to break something that far from help. Directions are: from Cobalt go to McDonalds Flats campground and up FS 112 to FS 113. It is abut a 3 hour ride from Salmon. Take your lunch.

What beautiful country

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
2 day ride. What does this sign mean. 96 mi of twisty roads? Or I need a sports car like a Miata?14574

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
No
I thought for a minute that you were at the same campground I camped at a few times about 10 miles south of where you are. But I was closer to the river.

Here's your challenge. See if your XT can make up to the Bighorn Crags Campground. I tried on my Vesys a few years ago and chickened out about 5miles short because I didn't want to break something that far from help. Directions are: from Cobalt go to McDonalds Flats campground and up FS 112 to FS 113. It is abut a 3 hour ride from Salmon. Take your lunch.

What beautiful country

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Cascade ID. I have survived hundreds of miles of curves and a herd of Bighorns. So far. Do I need a Miata????145801458114581145821458314584

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Thanks for the update. Good pictures.

I once had a great time up the road from there in Warren ID. That's RURAL !!!!!!!!

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I think you may have overlooked packing something though... I didn't see the kitchen sink!!! Yer slipping Coyote!!

:LOL:

Mike

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Is White Bird where the cavalry finally caught them?

Great pictures (as always!)

And to answer your question about the Miata -- you might need a Miata; I would never be able to get out of one even if I could get into it!

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
I think you're doing it right Chris. I often cover 3 states in one day, but don't stop to "smell the roses". And that's my loss. Your trip must be quite interesting. You get great information at some of those stops.

I stopped at Salmon and visited the museum there. The person there was an 90-something year old man who was a 5th generation settler there. He knew the Indians personally and explained how life really was. He explained that the whites and Indians respected each other and helped each other service the harsh winters there.

Taking a lesson from you, TurboJim and I are going to spend a few days riding the UP of MI next week. We intend to explore the back country and see some of the more remote and less visited sites. Instead for burning through 3 states in 1 day we will spend several days in part of one state (unless Jim gets tired of me before that). I don't think we can beat your pictures but we'll try to post some.

Thanks for sharing.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
The UP is a pretty area. I blasted thru once a few years ago and I have a revisit planned when I can spend more time smelling the roses. Retirement is finally happening next year and if the Lord is willing I will have lots more rose smelling time.

Mike

Top Bottom