Suzuki LS650 "Savage"

Bike
2013 FJR 1300
11 years ago we bought a new Suzuki LS650 for my wife. She hadn't been exactly "out" of motorcycling, but hadn't had a bike in a few years. She's a very petite woman and we needed something small-framed and light. She rode it a bit, but then had a tip-over in a parking lot and broke a rib. This was very early in the ownership of the bike.

Over the years she would occasionally get on it and ride it around locally, but she clearly had lost her nerve and enthusiasm for riding it. I would ride it from time to time to keep it working. So now this 11-year-old bike just ticked 1000 miles yesterday. She finally has stated she doesn't think she should be a MC driver any more (though perfectly happy to ride as my passenger). So I'll be parting with it - maybe. I figure if I can get a fair price for it I'll sell it. But after riding it around yesterday I'm not so eager that I'll sell for whatever I can get. It ain't no tourer (sport or otherwise), but still OK for short trips and it does have a small Givi box in it.

OP
OP
Rich
Bike
2013 FJR 1300
I sold it yesterday. I'm really happy about the sale, as I sold it to a new biker (not old, not young) who has realistic expectations about his new endeavor, expects to learn what works and doesn't work for him over the next few months, and expects to "outgrow" the bike over the next year or so. He also has a knowledgeable friend/mentor that recommended he buy this bike, sight unseen, as the right fit for him at this point in his experience level.

For me, this lowers by 1 the number of internal combustion engines I have to maintain to 11 (1 car, 1 truck, 1 MC, 2 weed-whackers, 1 chain saw, 1 lawn tractor, 1 standby generator, 2 boat motors, and 1 airplane). Sigh...

Top Bottom