SW Motech Alu-Rack

Bike
2) 2010 red NT's
I have the SW Motech Alu-Rack and the quick release luggage carrier attached to it. Really happy with the set up, there are several places to attach Rok Straps and a bungee net. And my Ortlieb dry bag fits perfectly on it. However.....

Had a quick 4 hour OT shift today and took the NT in for my first ride of the season. I noticed that one of the Quick Release bolts wasn't secured on the rack. Hmmm.... tried to use a quarter to remedy it, but no joy. Screwdriver at home failed to work as well. Hmmmm.... Undid the other two release. Uh oh.

The renegade release was missing the little cross piece that slips into the catch, and a second release was failing. Its cross piece was broken, but half of it was still on the release and holding to the catch.

Going to check the other three SW Motech racks we have (spouses NT, NC700 and CB500) to see how those releases are fairing. Not sure if I want to spend 6 bucks each to replace them. We dnt ever take the racks off....we may just use standard bolts to semi-permanently affix them.

If any of you have these style of quick release Dzeus type fittings, you may want to check them

Attachments

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
The SW-Motech racks I have on my NC700X uses the same type of spring-loaded (Dzus) fasterners and since I don't ever remove those racks, I've replaced them with 8 mm stainless bolts with Nyloc nuts. The brackets have the ramps for the Dzus pin on the backside so I had to make alum spacers to clear those.

Last edited:
Top Bottom