SW Motech luggage rack for VFR

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Finally freed up some time to put my SW motech luggage rack on the VFR with the quick removal soft luggage carrier. One thing I gotta say about SW motech...they build quality stuff. Every hole...all 12...were in perfect alignment with what they had to be with. Getting closer to being ready for the Spearfish rally.

z rack 2.jpg

z rack 3.jpg

z rack 4.jpg

z rack 6.jpg

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Looks good! Speaking of Spearfish, what do you think the odds are of pulling it off? I seem to remember reading somewhere that the pirates are still planning their annual gathering in Sturgis in August.

Mike

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
SW Moto makes great stuff. I have their racks for Givi sideboxes on my NC700X and everything aligned properly. :)

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I'm not sure that I'm ready to go in June. Maybe in August after the real bikers are gone.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Hmmmmm…. I hadn't planned on Spearfish this year since I was going to do an epic ride. It seems that the epic ride has had the kibosh put to it with the closure of Canada, so if Spearfish is still on the table I may try to do it. I was gonna ride up and visit JJ but I heard that WI closed their borders to Missourians.... I'm not sure but I think JJ may have had something to do with it..... <sigh>

:unsure:

Mike

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I'm thinking that IF Spearfish happens, I may spend a few days riding in the Big Horns and maybe Beartooth and Chief Joseph areas after the Rally.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
I'm thinking that IF Spearfish happens, I may spend a few days riding in the Big Horns and maybe Beartooth and Chief Joseph areas after the Rally.
Well, it's not Alaska but this year it will have to do. However right now I'm not allowed to travel into Minnesota in order to get to Spearfish.

Frosty

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Triumph 900GT
I am certainly planning on riding/touring somewhere with Chris. I hope that it is Spearfish and I was planning on camping. I have not touched the 1998 VFR yet. I was hoping to ride it, but both the NT and 800GT are ready to go now.

I think that traveling and camping in the West is a fairly low risk activity for the current virus. YMMV. :)

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
I think that traveling and camping in the West is a fairly low risk activity for the current virus. YMMV. :)
Yes, I agree. I might have to break out my camping gear. Ugh. Low risk, yes, but you all have to watchout for those Murdering Hornets. I guess if the Corona 19 did not work let loose the Murdering Hornets.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Frosty

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Triumph 900GT
For planning. I think a 380 or 9mm is OK to kill the virus, but it will take a 40mm or 45 for the Hornets. :)

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
40 mm ? That's some serious hardware. 10 mm would probably be adequate for the hornets

Frosty

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Triumph 900GT
:unsure: Ha Ha! Good catch. The 40 mm is much too large, unless they are flying mid level recip bombers attacking the campground..

Top Bottom