[Review] SW MotechTank Bag Review

Bike
2011 NT 700 VA
There have been many conversations about tank bags. I just purchased and installed the SW Motech daypack quick lock. Very happy with size,quality and installation. The day pack is just the right size for putting the things in that you were always jamming into to faring pockets. I is a little pricey but the bag is high quality and in my opinion worth the $$$$$$

I also just ordered a Koako Throttle lock Cruise Control, (also very pricey. Still waiting for shipment.
Looking forword to seeing some of you in May at the get together in West Virginia
Kaoko Throttle Lock Cruise Control For Honda NT700V Deauville '09-'11

https://www.twistedthrottle.com/kaoko-throttle-lock-cruise-control-honda-nt700v-deauville

The items you told SW-MOTECH you were interested in purchasing can be found here:

That Tank Bag Bottom Ring is confirmed to fit your 2011 Honda NT700.

Attachments

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I also have a Kaoko throttle lock. I believe its one of the better throttle locks although since I primarily commute on surface streets it does not get used much.

OP
OP
KGNT
Bike
2011 NT 700 VA
I also have a Kaoko throttle lock. I believe its one of the better throttle locks although since I primarily commute on surface streets it does not get used much.
TY for reply Did you have trouble getting the weight out of the handle bar?

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Yes, I had to use a puller that I think was supplied with another throttle lock that I had and did not like, This goes back several years but as I remember the puller was just a bolt with some washers. The washer o.d. was large enough that it would not fit into the ID of the handled bar. As you tightened the bolt it pulled the internal weight out.

I believe others have removed them without a puller. One of the challenges is I believe the weight has a tab that goes into a hole in the handle bar. The tab needs to be pressed in when you pull out the wight.

Last edited:
Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
The weight's retainer does have a tab that locks into a hole in the bar.
It should help a lot if you can push it in and release it.

Brad

Top Bottom