Thanks for the add

New to the group, an old Air Force guy, had more bikes than I can remember, had probably 60 or more since 1993. Restored and sold 28 Russian Urals, had everything from a Suzuki 2 stroke twin road bike, Water Buffalo two stroke fog layer, Harley Road Kings, road to Alaska on my Honda Gl1800, all over the western states with Kawasaki KLR650 sidecar rigs and Mexico as well. The end of the big rigs came with my 2018 Indian Roadmaster, riding home one day tipped it over trying to enter the driveway, tried as I might couldn't lift the darn thing up, biggest $25,000 paper weight I ever bought, put it up for sale the next day. Put my 2018 Yamaha FJR 1300 up for sale lately, Called it "Topgun" as in "where'd he go, where did who go!" love that bike, but at age 65 don't need 161HP anymore. Crossed America twice on my Honda Helix 250cc scooter, made me realize you can go anywhere, with time, and spend more time enjoying the sights. Just did a 2,100 mile 6 day ride California to Bisbee AZ and back, had a great time. Recently bought a Suzuki Bergman 650 with a Texas Sidecar, amazing machine, auto or manual shifting, with Australian electronic cruise control, fast. Continuing the downward trend in size and weight, and upward trend in fun, I pick up my 2010 NT700V ABS with 600 miles Saturday, stoked.

Attachments

• 2010 NT700V ABS.jpg
    2010 NT700V ABS.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 18
  • Bergman right front.jpg
    Bergman right front.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Marty, it's great to have you with us on the Forum! There are lots of guys here who have time in the Armed Services (seems like more Air Force the others), but that may be because my dad was a flight instructor during WW2 and then again a civilian primary USAF flight instructor when primary was done by civilian contractors between '50 and '57. I love your Burgmann w/ sidecar. How many of the Urals you owned were sidecars? I've never ridden a sidecar, but I've always been fascinated by them.

If you've done much reading here, you may already know that I'm 78 and a retired United Methodist minister. I'm on my 2nd NT. I put 139K miles on #1 before a friend who's a retired KC-135 driver traded my #2 in on a Triumph Tiger Rally Pro Low Height. #2 is 16 serial numbers older than #1, but when I bought it, it only had 22K miles.

Marty, it's great to have you with us on the Forum! There are lots of guys here who have time in the Armed Services (seems like more Air Force the others), but that may be because my dad was a flight instructor during WW2 and then again a civilian primary USAF flight instructor when primary was done by civilian contractors between '50 and '57. I love your Burgmann w/ sidecar. How many of the Urals you owned were sidecars? I've never ridden a sidecar, but I've always been fascinated by them.

If you've done much reading here, you may already know that I'm 78 and a retired United Methodist minister. I'm on my 2nd NT. I put 139K miles on #1 before a friend who's a retired KC-135 driver traded my #2 in on a Triumph Tiger Rally Pro Low Height. #2 is 16 serial numbers older than #1, but when I bought it, it only had 22K miles.

HI Phil, just getting acquainted with the web site. I was an Air Force Jet Engine Mechanic, then became a Aircraft Maintenance Manager, did a stint in recruiting in Iowa and Northern Michigan. Yes sidecars are interesting, had my first Ural as a 2000 Bavarian solo, the remainder were tourist and a whole bunch of 2 wheel drive gearup, Urals are a blast but a little challenging to ride, like all sidecars as you change the sidecar weight the weather it pulls right or left, the ones with the leading link front ends tend to steer much easier, pretty much covered most of the western states riding Urals. Urals are a bike where you have to love to wrench, at least at home, so you don't wrench on the road. The new Ural has become so expensive, when I saw the Bergman I jumped to buy it, I've only ridden it home, and it down for servicing, all new tires and alignment, looking forward to getting it on the road, even with rock hard 2006 tires, it's lightyears above my Urals in speed, handling and comfort. The electronic Austrailian cruise control is amazing tech.

Welcome to the forums and the world of the NT Marty ! And thanks for your service ! Hope you enjoy the forums and the NT. Like you, have had many motorcycles over the years, however purchased my NT in August of 2011 and even after 75K miles still consider it the best all round motorcycle I've even owned. Hope you have as good an experience.

Hi, welcome to the forum, Navy veteran here, also have had many bikes and did some touring on a Honda Helix amazing what a 250cc will do.

Welcome to our world. Hope you like your NT as much as I have enjoyed mine over the years.
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom