That was easy

Bike
2013 FJR 1300
Now I can more frequently go full-face (my quietest helmet). Just had the "corrective lenses" requirement removed from my Driver's License.

OP
OP
Rich
Bike
2013 FJR 1300
No Lasik or anything else. I renewed my DL today, took the test without glasses, passed easily and asked the guy to remove the limitation this time and he did.

What gave me the idea was that my examiner recently removed the same limitation from my airman medical. It was there because I used to get second-class medicals, which required correction to 20/20. In effect, it's been inertia that's caused the limitations to be there. Really, I wear my glasses infrequently, following my mother's long ago admonition that the more you wear them, the more you need them. Old wives' tale? Maybe.

I do have better distance acuity with them on, but I can read road signs from 100+ yards away without them. I still wear them flying only because then I can better pick out other aircraft miles away.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
I do still wear glasses even though I don't need them for driving. Very slight distance correction, but, up close is horrible. I can make out some things, like large print and the needles on the gages, but, not much else.

Tried bifocal contacts and they work pretty good, but, allergies make wearing them year round impossible (yes, even with prescription drugs).

If I could justify it I'd have the surgery done.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Wife had Lasix Surgery (PRK) It was fine for about ten years--then she developed floaters. She is wearing glasses again but they are not as strong as the pre-surgery glasses were.

I had Lasik eight years ago when I started back riding and I'm glad that I did. I have to wear readers (1.5) that I buy at Costco when typing or reading. I like very much the acuity I have at distance. The thing I didn't count on is that as I age, my eyes are still changing and I know I have less acuity than I did a few years ago. If I had to choose again, I'd still do it. The other thing they did warn me about is that my eyes are 'dryer' particularly when I ride and I need to put in eye drops from time to time. After I had it done, my wife also had it done and she's glad she did.

Terry

Top Bottom