DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
NT Gathering
May 14-17, 2020
North Bend State Park
Cairo, WV

Mellow - please put this in the right hand margin above the NT National Rally. Thanks!

Last edited:

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
I have almost a year to prepare my NT for amphibious travel......hahaha

Bike
2010 red NT700 1983 VF750
I have access to a pontoon boat! :D Hey, I'm still hoping we can get a fall ride in, in that beautiful area!

Last edited:
OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Mellow - oops I should have typed Egypt, WV.

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
TurboJim - that is called "high jacking" a topic. If you really want someone to ride with, why not start your own post rather than have it buried in a post on a different topic?

Bike
2010 red NT700 1983 VF750
Dirtflier - sorry about the "high jacking", I'll bet that's a first. lol I'll be more careful in the future! Darn spontaneous typing.

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
My son just when to Snowshoe for a bike event. He said many of the back roads are deteriorated by the fracking trucks. He saw a sign on one property that the owner wrote "Motorcycles be careful Road in Bad Shape". I missed the Roadrunner event due to wife's ALC issue (2 days before leaving), so I don't have first had knowledge.

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
The road between Snowshoe Village and Cass has always been marginal. Not only is it tight and twisty in spots but the surface is well-used and abused but that never stopped me from using that road if I wanted to head east from US 219 at Slaty Fork. :)

ps. To me, the warning sign "Motorcycles be careful..." is aimed at the large, twin cylinder dinosaurs (with no ground clearance) from Milwaukee.

Last edited:
Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
I am not sure of roads he traveled. He lives in Delaware, OH and road to Snowshoe. He usually takes roads that are twisty on a ride. I was at North Bend SP for a RV trip just a week ago (9/1-3), and the roads to and from there was mostly okay. Really liked North Bend, big sites and nice large sites. I think PA has much worst roads then the ones I was RVing on that WV.

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
For one night at the NT Gathering, probably Friday after most people have arrived, WVRider & I are thinking about having a "Pizza Night" on that rear deck behind the lodge building. If allowed, riders can provide their own adult beverages. We'll calculate the cost and ask everything to chip-in the necessary green backs. :)

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Pizza is always a good idea. Thanks.
I hope I can make it there again next year.
Well organized, great roads, good venue, and MOST IF ALL GREAT PEOPLE.

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
It would be great if you could make it + JungleJim, TurboJim, and MikeSim. :)

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
For those who've never been to North Bend SP, the lodge has a nice restaurant that is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner with good food! And they've always put together a bunch of tables for us so we could all eat in one group. The camping area is about 100 yards from the lodge so still easy access on foot. :)

ps. I'll bring the labels & pens again for name tags.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
It would be great if you could make it + JungleJim, TurboJim, and MikeSim. :)
It's on my calendar, but Momma may need an unexpected surgery that might wipe out my vacation time. We shall see.....

Mike

Top Bottom