The Farkles are Comming Hooray Hooray

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Question... Can I use a universal Givi mount and just drill holes and mount it to the black cover on the rear of my NT???
That plastic cover is pretty thin, I'd be a bit worried about it cracking, at the covers mounting points, or at the holes you drilled, and popping off with my trunk... If you go that route I would definitely suggest longer bolts and putting some Big fender washers on the bolts that secure the cover to the bike...

Madmax

OK thanks, that is what I was thinking. Givi makes a mount # E221 that they claim will work on the NT. Anyone have any experance with it???

OP
OP
Chuck 500
Bike
Silver NT700V
Phil,

I did follow your Mt Pleasant adventure closely. It was close. Don't know if I would ride in those conditions (though I did ride 8 1/2 hrs in pouring rain a few weeks back)

Bob,

I did not have occasion to use the bright feature on my last trip. The D2 only gets bright when the MC bright light is on. I have mine set up with the fog lenses and they are aimed rather low at this point.

Max, I assume your question results from seeing my JCW trunk mount. With that set up there ar no loads on the tail cover. All loads transfer through to the frame via the passenger grips. Thai why you need the two additional square nuts.

Thaks for the compliments every one.

Top Bottom