The wrenching season has begun.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Winter maint. on the Girlfriends has begun. First up was the little X300 Versys. All it needed was it's annual oil and filter change and a good visual inspection. Only put 1700 miles on it this past year. So far she has 12732 total miles on the odometer. (Bought here used with 495 miles on the clock back in Aug 2017) Next major maint is due at 16000 miles. I will have to check the maint records and see who will be next on the lift.

SAM_7902.JPGSAM_7903.JPG

OP
OP
Chucksklrst
Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
I am sorry to say Gentlemen, It is a condition caused by my Austrian / German background. There is no cure and it is getting worse the older I get.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Well, if your "condition" keeps getting worse with age, I offer you my garage for "therapy"..... hey, what are friends for??
:rofl1:
Mike

OP
OP
Chucksklrst
Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
After spending some time the other day, and giving the little X300 Versys some attention in the way of new expensive oil and filter, she decides to throw a fit and demand a new Battery. It seems as if these girlfriends of mine are never satisfied. So after dishing out 100 bucks she got what she wants. Out with the old Battery and in with the new. Now she is happy.....I think.
😏

SAM_7905.JPGSAM_7906.JPGSAM_7907.JPGSAM_2889.JPG

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R, NT700
I would have thrown a NOCO at it... ;)

Currently on sale, last like forever (no chemical death if discharged), charged on no time (designated LiFePO4 charger required though...)

OP
OP
Chucksklrst
Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
I would have thrown a NOCO at it... ;)
I have a LFP-5 in my FJR. If I put another Lithium then I would also have to buy another Lithium battery tender. I got almost 7 years out of the OEM battery. And I needed one right away. The OEM battery failed right at the Moto parts store. And they had an OEM replacement ready to go. Rode down to the Parts store to price brake pads for my V-Strom. The NOCO is a nice looking battery. Will look into it for the V-Strom as that battery is at least 4 years old and I am sure the previous owner bought the cheapest one he could find just to sell the bike.

Top Bottom