Throttlemeister and oxford grips

Are there any Forum members who have fitted a THROTTLEMEISTER to their bike which has OXFORD HEATED GRIPS ALREADY INSTALLED?
Having recently taken delivery of a THROTTLEMEISTER KIT, and after following instructions, found that the "aluminum spacer and friction sleeve" was to large in diameter to pass through the OXFORD GRIP.
On contacting the manufacture they state that I must have received the KIT SET for HONDA heated grips, but it is alright to go ahead and install the unit without the aluminum spacer and friction sleeve.
Have yet to remove the STOCK BAR end in case it is damaged in removal and if things don't work out have to replace it.
Would appreciate any comments which will assist me with the install.

taldric

Yes - I have the Oxford heard grips and the Throttlemeister. In my Throttlemeister kit there was a plastic sleeve with a slightly wider flange at one end that fit inside the end of the Oxford grips. It was too long, so I used a sharp box knife to cut it down to a proper length that fit perfectly into the grips with the flangle flush on the outside of the grip. The Throttlemeister then slide inside and was tightened up to the right distance so it would push on that hard flange on the outside of the grip. I didn't use any metal spacer.

Top Bottom