Tire help

Bike
2011 Black NT700
Although I only have about 2000 miles on the bike I am thinking of investing in a set of Michelin PR4s. Wondering where is the best place to buy? I checked Competition Accessories, Revzilla and Bike Bandit with CA having the best price. Is there a better time of the year to buy? I won't need them until next Spring.
Thanks for any help
Clint

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
JakeWilson.com 1-800-721-8253 I bought my last three sets of tires from him. One set (PR4) are on Guitarmans NT (my old bike) and the other set rear is on my ST1300 that I traded in and the front is sitting in my garage waiting to be picked up by a local ST rider. I also have bought a rear tire for my DR650 and a set of tires for my Wee. All from Jake Wilson. Shipping time was two days to get to Denver. Best prices I have found. If you find them cheaper let me know.

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
Wait for a 33% to 40% sale from bike bandit or motorcycle superstore. Look once a week or sign up for email messages

OP
OP
daler
Bike
2011 Black NT700
I'm a bit confused. On one side the tire is described as Michelin Pilot Road 4 Tires - 2CT Dual Compound - Front and on another it is described as 120/70ZR-17 (58W) Michelin Pilot Road 4 Radial. Is this the same tire only described differently?
Thanks again

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I'm a bit confused. On one side the tire is described as Michelin Pilot Road 4 Tires - 2CT Dual Compound - Front and on another it is described as 120/70ZR-17 (58W) Michelin Pilot Road 4 Radial. Is this the same tire only described differently?
Thanks again
Yes it's a description of the same tire.

OP
OP
daler
Bike
2011 Black NT700
Wait for a 33% to 40% sale from bike bandit or motorcycle superstore. Look once a week or sign up for email messages
The price I'm looking at are 45 and 47% off at Competition Accessories and Jake Wilson is about the same. But, I will keep my eyes open.
Thanks

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
it could have been more than what I stated, forget

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
[That included removing the wheel from the bike, mounting and balancing and reinstalling. For that price, it wasn't worth it for me to do it myself.]

For the front, $30 labor to R & R the tire is OK but a real bargain for the rear on an NT! Although I've never used their complete tire service, Iron Pony (Columbus OH) charges more to R & R the rear wheel which is understandable. Seems like it's nearly double the cost of the front.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I think my dealer charged me closer to $80 for the rear tire. Perhaps some dealers have a flat charge and do not consider some bikes will take longer than others.

Bike
Sprint GT, 2010 NT, MS950
I bought my last set online from Rocky Mountain MC and ATV.. https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/

They were a few dollars cheaper per tire than Revzilla, Comp Acc., etc. Just shop around and compare the prices, but make sure you are pricing your particular tire sizes - prices change quite a bit depending on the size.

bicyclist

When I'm buying tires, I put them in the "cart" and go through most of the ordering process to find out what the actual cost to my door will be. The quoted tire price may not include shipping or surcharges or this or that, so I want to know the bottom line to compare prices. I also consider the "bucks" that some outfits offer as credit on the next order.

Bike
Sprint GT, 2010 NT, MS950
Interestingly, they aren't showing PR4s on their webpage.
I had to dig a bit...select motorcycle tires (all), then Michelin and they will show up. The NT isn't listed on their tire selector tool, so you need to go by the size.

The PR4 front is 134.99 and the rear is 166.99 in the NT sizes with free shipping. Our Colorado Continental Divide Contingent may have to pay sales tax, though...

Cheers,

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
Also remember if having someone change the rear tire for you to make sure the splines get lubed up with the good moly paste.
With the wheel off is the logical time to do it.

Brad

OP
OP
daler
Bike
2011 Black NT700
I went ahead and ordered a pair of Michelin Pilot Road 4s. Purchased them from Competition Accessories and paid under $300.00 for both.
Anxious to try them out.

I just installed a set of Michelin PR4s at Christmas. So far they have been great. They replaced the stock tires on the 2010 NT700. I think you will be happy. Also as stated above lube splines on rear wheel as well as drive shaft.

Top Bottom