Tire Repair/Maintenance Kit (Fits Pass Trhough Space)

Bike
Silver NT700V
I have put together a small tire maintenance/repair kit that fits into the pass through space, AKA baguette hole. The kit consists of the following:

Slime Tire Top Off pump (smallest int eh Slime line)
Trax valve extension tool (from Cycle Gear)
Gummy Worms
Tools (Auger and Needle, came with gummy worms)

All of it fits into the plastic pouch the pump came in.

Components

Packed

In place

Hope this helps some one keep the shiny side up,

Chuck

maxweljames

Nice post, great pics. Is the pouch free to float in the hole or do you secure it by some means, i.e. Velcro, double sided tape, etc???

Yet another reason I need to add a power outlet.

OP
OP
Chuck 500
Bike
Silver NT700V
Thanks for the compliments. The pouch just sits in the hole. Actually, it falls out most of the time because the panier is not full. Liners should hold it in place. I also need to add a power outlet. Will probably put one (cig socket) in one of the front pockets. Right is easier access but the left is secure. :think1:

bicyclist

Nice. I have a different Slime pump and got all excited when I read your other post. I went out and got the pump and repair kit to put the kit in the container with the pump. Wouldn't fit. Now that I see your pics, I see why. Oh, well.

I've found it very useful to have a pigtail wired directly to the battery on all my bikes. It has an SAE connector on the end and pokes out right in front of the seat. My trickle charger, electric jacket liner and pump all have SAE connectors. Since there's never any time more than one of those items will be used at once, it's a great system.

OP
OP
Chuck 500
Bike
Silver NT700V
I tried two or three others and ended up taking them back after they wouldn't fit the space. Really wanted one with a digital gauge and pre-set capability. Couldn't find that in a pump this small. This one works well though, the gauge is easy to read in the ranges we need.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Chuck - a great idea to put fairly light items in the pass-through. On long trips, I put my tool pouch in that hole since both soft bags are full and can hold the pouch in place. I may rethink that idea and use something closer to what you're doing.
Hardware stores have sticky-back, hook & loop material and if you cut small squares of each and applied it to the tire pouch and the floor of the pass through, it should help keep the pouch from falling to one side.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Thanks for the compliments. The pouch just sits in the hole. Actually, it falls out most of the time because the panier is not full. Liners should hold it in place. I also need to add a power outlet. Will probably put one (cig socket) in one of the front pockets. Right is easier access but the left is secure. :think1:
, Chuck, If you go with a 12V Cig. Socket, go Marine. They are far better than the automotive variety. They come in stainless or plastic and are weather resistant.

Top Bottom