Tires...an unpaid testimonial

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I've had a new Road Pilot 4 rear tire waiting in the wings for months and it won't be much longer because I'm very close to 10k with that tire. The NT's front tire has another 3-4k of life remaining but I thought I'd look up and see what I could find before the next calamity that hits the motorcycle market.

I've had Road 5s previously but I'm not too particular because I don't ride like I chasing Marc Marquez so a PR4 or even PR3 is fine for me and I've found over the years that buying "last year's best tire" is usually a bargain. Several years ago, I talked to the tire tech at Iron Pony in Columbus and he said the born-on-dates aren't too critical with Michelins because even the older tires seem to hold up well.

Anyhow, for my NT's front tire, I found a PR4 at a place in MI that I'd never heard of previously - Sportbike Track Gear. Their price was reasonable at around $134 with free shipping so I put in my order on Tuesday and the tire arrived this afternoon via UPS! They're located in MI so it wasn't much of a drive to western OH. I'll certainly keep them in mind the next time but I've found that availability and prices vary month-to-month so some other store might be the cheapest or have the tire I want. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom