TNT Rally Camping

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
Wanted a separate thread for this for easier reference.

On the title page of the TNT Rally thread it says the "official" campground is the Great Smoky Campground, but with no link so I'm not entirely sure which campground it is. Then a few pages in it says the Eagle's Nest is the campground.

Just curious if anyone has actually reserved space at any campground yet?

Alpine Hideaway Campground was also mentioned in the thread and isn't quite the family/kid-oriented place Eagle's Nest appears to be; with cheap cabins and some tent sites that are somewhat wooded. I am likely going to plan to stay at Alpine and just ride to wherever the majority of people tend to be for the evening get-togethers and tale-telling.

Camping hasn't been discussed in awhile so I wanted to bring it back up again for those of us who like that sort of thing and see what people are thinking :)

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
The campground said contact them after the first of the year. So if someone is interested in taking the lead on coordinating with Eagle Nest. Some one suggested this place close to the Motel and very good facilities. I contacted them when TNT started, and the response was after New Year.

http://www.eaglesnestcampground.com/

Last edited:
Eagle's Nest accepts Passport America members at a 50% discount on the current rate. The only black out dates are holiday weekends and all of October. Passport America is $44.00 per year. They also say a site is for 2 people and we most likely could double up and put 2 tents per site. Last year's (2013) rates with the discount was $16.50. Those of you that camp several times could benefit with the Passport America program. You need to investigate the program to see if it is right for you because some RV parks have more restrictions on when you receive the discount. Some do not give weekend discounts or prime time discounts etc. Just thought I would give you something to think about.

http://www.passportamerica.com/campgrounds/tn/eaglesnestcampground91

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Would be nice to be able to see what they offer for cabins.

Bike
Someone who camps should take the lead on site. I am not going to be camping. So who will be the camping champion? Pick the site and setup with the grounds.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Wow! $20 a night to tent camp and $25 a night for a cabin. I usually tent camp, but I would take a cabin for an extra 5 bucks. (Alpine Camping prices).

Here is just a summary of some of the discussion that went into the "Eagles Nest" campground being picked as the "Official" campground back in October. That's not to say that this decision is written in stone and can not be change - but at least it was a decision that was made. I personally talked to both of the campground managers. I felt that the Eagles Nest campground was more like our campground out in Spearfish (beside a stream) - which perhaps means nothing. It was also closer, but not by much. Since I have not actually checked them out I have no strong position on any of them but at least on paper it looked like the best campground. Wendell

10-24-2013, 10:13 AM #34
wphillips007
wphillips007's Avatar Join Date

Re: May in Tenessee
Here is what I have found out as far as tent camping goes:Alpine Camping: In Pigeon Forge - 4 miles from the Econo Lodge - takes 9 minutes. More rustic but they do have showers and WiFi in some areas. The lady I spoke to said that our whole group would take over a bunch of the RV sites as that would be better for motorcycles. The price is also about $20 per night.

I spoke to the campground manager and she said that May 15 - 19 was an excellent time to come. The campsites have gravel roads and and are not by streams or creeks right beside the tents (as in Spearfish),

10-24-2013, 01:46 PM #36
Warren

How about Eagles Nest Campground. It is close to Pigeon Forge and seems to have everything campers would want.

10-24-2013, 02:25 PM #37
Miairhead

Okay someone pick a campground, and the Smoky MouNTain Gathering will call that base for camping

10-24-2013, 03:26 PM #39
wphillips007

Warren, I think that you hit the bullseye. Eagles Nest Campground is just 2 miles from the Econo Lodge - any closer and we would be pitching our tents in the Econo Lodge parking lot! There is a tent area by a stream. They have picnic tables and fire rings. Hot showers and WiFi. They have RV sites right by the tent area with electric and water outlets for those with CPAC. Trees throughout and gravel roads. Price is $32 for electric and $28 non electric but they said they might be able to give us a group discount so I'm guessing that would bring it down to $25 per tent. It's also on the trolly stop. Jan, the lady I spoke to, said that they were not taking reservations for May 2014 until next year.

So for the closeness to the Econo Lodge and the plus of being by a stream I would vote for Eagles Nest as our "Official" campground for the Smoky MouNTain Gathering. Wendell

10-24-2013, 03:41 PM #40
Miairhead

Thanks to Warren the campground will be Eagles Nest Campground
Sound like the Smoky MouNTain Gathering is going to be a go. I hope it will be a event many riders can enjoy.
I hope to get some routes from riders. Lets have some fun, and keep talking about things to do in the area

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I am good with either campground. I had not read all of the posts in the other thread so was not aware a campground had been choosen. I will most likely stay where most of the group is at.

Here is just a summary of some of the discussion that went into the "Eagles Nest" campground being picked as the "Official" campground back in October. That's not to say that this decision is written in stone and can not be change - but at least it was a decision that was made. I personally talked to both of the campground managers. I felt that the Eagles Nest campground was more like our campground out in Spearfish (beside a stream) - which perhaps means nothing. It was also closer, but not by much. Since I have not actually checked them out I have no strong position on any of them but at least on paper it looked like the best campground. Wendell

10-24-2013, 10:13 AM #34
wphillips007
wphillips007's Avatar Join Date

Here is what I have found out as far as tent camping goes:Alpine Camping: In Pigeon Forge - 4 miles from the Econo Lodge - takes 9 minutes. More rustic but they do have showers and WiFi in some areas. The lady I spoke to said that our whole group would take over a bunch of the RV sites as that would be better for motorcycles. The price is also about $20 per night.

I spoke to the campground manager and she said that May 15 - 19 was an excellent time to come. The campsites have gravel roads and and are not by streams or creeks right beside the tents (as in Spearfish),

10-24-2013, 01:46 PM #36
Warren

How about Eagles Nest Campground. It is close to Pigeon Forge and seems to have everything campers would want.

10-24-2013, 02:25 PM #37
Miairhead

Okay someone pick a campground, and the Smoky MouNTain Gathering will call that base for camping

10-24-2013, 03:26 PM #39
wphillips007

Warren, I think that you hit the bullseye. Eagles Nest Campground is just 2 miles from the Econo Lodge - any closer and we would be pitching our tents in the Econo Lodge parking lot! There is a tent area by a stream. They have picnic tables and fire rings. Hot showers and WiFi. They have RV sites right by the tent area with electric and water outlets for those with CPAC. Trees throughout and gravel roads. Price is $32 for electric and $28 non electric but they said they might be able to give us a group discount so I'm guessing that would bring it down to $25 per tent. It's also on the trolly stop. Jan, the lady I spoke to, said that they were not taking reservations for May 2014 until next year.

So for the closeness to the Econo Lodge and the plus of being by a stream I would vote for Eagles Nest as our "Official" campground for the Smoky MouNTain Gathering. Wendell

10-24-2013, 03:41 PM #40
Miairhead

Thanks to Warren the campground will be Eagles Nest Campground
Sound like the Smoky MouNTain Gathering is going to be a go. I hope it will be a event many riders can enjoy.
I hope to get some routes from riders. Lets have some fun, and keep talking about things to do in the area

Bike
Reply for Eagle Nest

I would need to know how many you would have. Would you be in tents or would you need water and elec sites. We have areas for both types. We can keep every one together
Thank You Eagles Nest Campground 1 800 892 2714

Bike
1. Need a number of campers
2. What type of needs, power? etc.
3. One camper to be the contact for the campground.

Again I did start the gathering idea, but I DO NOT camp, some one will have to be the coordinator. I don't think this will involve more then campground contact person. So if you are going to camp, numbers will need to be gathered as well as needs.
Some one please be the Camper Captain.

OP
OP
Rob

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
FYI - for other people thinking about camping; I have booked my stay at the Alpine Hideaway campground (alpinecamping.com) for Friday and Saturday nights (I won't be around for the entire rally, probably just fri-sun). I grabbed one of their little cabins because they are cheap. If I really want the a/c or if it's pouring rain, I'd rather be in the cabin. But if it's not too hot and no rain, I may just switch to a tent site. I'll also be camping on my way down and back home so I'll get my fix

Top Bottom