Top Box? Fairing Lower Cowl etc.

I'm seeing a few of these NT700 V's for sale without the top storage box. How hard is it to find 1) A compatible Top Box? 2) Lower Cowl fairing extension? 3) Handguard fairing extension? I see they were formerly offered as official Hondaline Accessories, but I have not seen these Hondaline Items in stock anymore.

Bike
Black NT700VA-8 ABS
Plenty of Givi and Givi style (SE Asia/Eastern Europe copies) that work well as a top box though some tweaking of the mounting may well be required, usually involving 8 inch long prehensile fingers to catch the nuts that fall into the vastness of the tail...... Leg extensions like hens teeth (and rare additions when available) though non Honda options are around - try Skidmarx. Handlebar guards again hens teeth and expensive for what they are but do work well - no clear alternatives.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
AFAIK, Skidmarx is the only source for a lower fairing (undercowl) left. The wind deflectors are scarce as hen's teeth, but worth the money if you can find a pair.
I've had Shad top boxes and can't recommend them, but Givis are great. I don't think you'll have much trouble finding or mounting a Givi. Give, BTW, made the Honda top boxes. There just weren't enough NTs manufactured to have a deep backlog of options after 10 years. eBay will have some things. Davidsilverspares.com is worth checking.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I'll be darned! Partzilla shows more accessory parts than I realized. The official Honda top box, heated grips, tank pad in addition to the wind deflectors.

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R, NT700
I too had to re-import the wind deflectors for my GF's NT700AV from the US...

Lower cowl either from PUIG (fits so far but breaks rather easily) or the expensive UK made full dressing...

Mayor merit of the OEM carrier stay is it's float mount, allowing lateral movement, damping vortex/air buffeting on the top-case...

Still waiting for the large pannier lids I'd ordered at David Silver... seems I've to open a claim there...

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
The "floating mount" to the Honda top box in nice in theory but in practice? I've had a Givi top box on my NT from the very beginning and I've never noticed anything weird happening at the back of the bike.

The floating mount in a way reminds me of VTEC when it was first used on the VFRs. It was great in theory but could a difference be felt by the rider during normal riding? I certainly couldn't tell any difference!

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R, NT700
The "floating mount" to the Honda top box in nice in theory but in practice?
Bring it up to >100mph and find out... 😉
(which my GF did on our first actual ride-out with it... she gunned it upon entering the m/way... "...of course I had to check how it feels at those speeds..." cool lassie 😁
me as wing-man cruising behind on the ST, observing: considering taller screen, one up and top-case the NT runs astonishing stable... :cool:)

Moto-Kafe

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Red NT700V
When I contacted David Silver Spares about the Larger Pannier Lids a month or so back, they told me they no longer sell them (i.e. have any to sell).......and I should try other places.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
There is really no sane reason for me to take my NT up to 100 mph to see if my non-sliding Givi top box causes any negative effects. ;)

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
There isn't a sane reason to take an NT up to 100mph to see if the non-sliding Givi causes any negative effects, but I had Dudley to 103 and Horse to 105 with non-sliding Givi top boxes. Both days there were cross-winds of 10-15 mph and the bike was as stable and steady as my old '99 Concours had been. :cool:

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I cracked the ton once with Traveller.... that was enough for me!

Mike

Bike
Black Deauville NT700
"... Skidmarx is the only source for a lower fairing (undercowl) left."
Good photographs here of the ‘Skidmarx’ lower fairing.
“...based in Dorset and have just taken over the GRP side of a well known UK based motorcycle bodywork company.”
P&L Rees GRP Specailist
Unit 17 Enterprise Park
Piddlehinton
Dorchester
Dorset
DT27UA
United Kingdom

Interesting

It appears that Skidmarx is still going. Perhaps it farms out the GRP work to Rees with an option to sell direct. I do not know how that works unless it it is a licensing arrangement.

This is nearer to what I would call a full fairing.
csm_56Ubbiali_250_95c72cf481.jpg

Last edited:
Bike
Black Deauville NT700
Looks like they only ship to the UK though....
☹
Mike
Non-European Deliveries
We are able to ship most item’s to non-European countries, for smaller items the costs of shipping will be added at checkout, for any larger items or anywhere that postage is not added please contact sales@skidmarx.co.uk

We can accept orders from all non-European countries but please contact us stating your country and the items that you require and we will be happy to supply you with a full quote.

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R, NT700
Good photographs here of the ‘Skidmarx’ lower fairing.
“...based in Dorset and have just taken over the GRP side of a well known UK based motorcycle bodywork company.”
P&L Rees GRP Specailist
Unit 17 Enterprise Park
Piddlehinton
Dorchester
Dorset
DT27UA
United Kingdom

Interesting

It appears that Skidmarx is still going. Perhaps it farms out the GRP work to Rees with an option to sell direct. I do not know how that works unless it it is a licensing arrangement.

This is nearer to what I would call a full fairing.
csm_56Ubbiali_250_95c72cf481.jpg
Rickman and Windjammer... ;)

Top Bottom