Top Box Lighting-good cheaper option

Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
Been using a top box on my bike's for quite a few years and wanted a top box light and just now getting to installing one. I looked around and finally found the size to fit my box and one I thought would be bright enough to make a difference without spending a hundred dollars doing so.

Found a 3 inch 15 led tail/brake light, its waterproof and DOT rated. brand Union Pacific on Amazon $25 for two (only sold in pairs)
The top box is a copycat Givi E-360 got two of them about 14 years ago and not had any issue with them, also today I painted the ugly orange trim piece black.
some pics.

Attachments

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Frosty had installed LED brake and turn lights in the Givi topbox on Horse, but when we got to his house the day I bought the bike, I noticed that the turn signal was working backwards. We did some trouble shooting but would have had to gotten into the control system for the McCruise cruise control system and decided that since the bike already had LED brake/turn lights on either side of the license plate. Your solution looks pretty good.

Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
I got a BrakeFree unit that mounts on the back of my helmet that performs the same function. It’s fully autonomous and wireless. It senses speed changes and activates to alert everyone traveling behind me. It was affordable at $110 and can be placed on multiple helmets that you may use. It’s not tied to a single bike.

BC0C15D6-97B8-44F1-8E59-75194704FD47.jpeg

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I've got the BrakeFree unit too and I'm very impressed with it. The battery stays charged longer than I expected it to. I just wish I could ride beside myself and watch it work. :)

Top Bottom