Top Box Liner

Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA
Hondaline makes a top box liner for the accessory top box. Discounted price is about $75.00. Anyone have experience with this item? Bestem USA makes a top box liner for the ST1300, but I don't see one for the NT. The Bestem model is LGHO-ST13H-TPL. Does anyone have experience with the Bestem Top Box Liner for ST1300? That one is available on ebay for about $40. Appreciate any help!:smile:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Ed, I'd bet that it would fit the Hondaline top box for the NT. In fact, I wouldn't be too surprised if those boxes were the same part number. I'm using a $12 duffel bag I got at Walmart and it works great. I pack it with clothes, shaving kit, etc. that I take in every night while I'm traveling and have room in my CooCase for my netbook in its case plus my thermos of coffee and my Kindle.

I also have the big pannier lids and use the the right pannier for tools, tire repair stuff, 1st aid kit, etc, and the left one for other clothes while traveling.

Works for me.

I do have Honda's bag liners for the panniers, and they are very likely the exact same thing Bestem sells. They're good products and I wouldn't have any issues with trying the Bestem trunk liner if I had seen it. If you try it, give us a report.

Bike
Silver NT700V
I have a set of the Betem saddlebag liners. they are well made and useful due to the shape of the bags. For the top box I use a small duffle I got "free" for joining NRA. Fits the JCW large, 40L, box well. Top boxes are generally square so any good duffle that fits will work.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Hondaline makes a top box liner for the accessory top box. Discounted price is about $75.00. Anyone have experience with this item? Bestem USA makes a top box liner for the ST1300, but I don't see one for the NT. The Bestem model is LGHO-ST13H-TPL. Does anyone have experience with the Bestem Top Box Liner for ST1300? That one is available on ebay for about $40. Appreciate any help!:smile:
I have the Hondaline top box liner. It works well, fits perfect and does what you would want it to do. No complaints other than as expected for a factory part it is expensive. I also have the Bestem liners for the side bags and they are also well made.

Bike
Bonneville T120
In an attempt to get fit, or at least more fit, I started going to the gym. Purchased a small gym bag at Dick's Sporting Goods, Under Armor make. IT was pretty small but more than adequate for a trip to the gym. Something like this. Turns out to be a perfect size for the Honda line top case. I used it on a 4 day trip to Nova Scotia and it worked great. Can't remember what I paid, maybe $25. I didn't see it on the website but it's probably there somewhere. I have a LL Bean back pack with a compartment for carrying a laptop that I used to go back and forth to work. It fits nicely and it could be loaded up. Something like this, but I got mine at the outlet store and didn't pay anything near this much.

ohblackwater

If you don't mind me asking, what's the purpose of the bag to start with? Does the Honda luggage protect against the elements (like rain) and the bag is just a quick and easy way to take things to and from the bag, or do you need the bag for protection of your stuff from water?
Thanks, JQ

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Does the Honda luggage protect against the elements (like rain) and the bag is just a quick and easy way to take things to and from the bag, or do you need the bag for protection of your stuff from water?
Since the Hondaline topcase is made by Givi (I think that's correct), it should be waterproof. My CooCase was (right up till the time a chunk fell out of the bottom!). But the duffle is a bunch easier to carry in to the hotel.

Bike
Silver NT700V
I think of the top case like the trunk of my car. I rarely remove the top case. Usually only to get it out of the way when removing the seat. A liner or duffel is primarily to contain stuff to be moved else where at the destination.

OP
OP
Ed in Miami
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA
I got the GIVI T468 Top Box Liner Bag from Premier Cycle Accessories. Ordered on 11/17 and received today 11/22. The bag fits nicely in the top box, and it looks great. Cost $29.70 plus $7.32 shipping.

Top Bottom