Tour Masrter Intake Air II

Bike
2010 ABS Silver
This has been my jacket since December. I normally ride with the liners in since it is still cool/cold here in San Jose, but a few days at 80 deg had me using a sweatshirt and no liners...good airflow and comfortable. I expect it will work well in the summer heat. I also can recommend this jacket.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Another suggestion for anybody looking for jackets. I've had a Tourmaster Flex series 2 for a couple of years and I am happy with it--it has a mesh layer similar to that of the Intake and then an outer layer for rain/wind protection plus a thermal inner liner.

Igo

In a pinch I just bought a BILT Typhoon 2/3 length textile jacket. Don't know anything about it except it is a solid shell rather than a mesh shell with a waterproof lining. I figure it would be a better top layer than the former on the Pacific coast if it rains. Could be wrong. $100

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I took the plunge on this jacket as well. So far, I am VERY impressed with the quality of construction and the thought put into the features. I just received it on the 27th of July and have worn it for the past several days. As many of you are aware, we are under (and have been) an excessive heat warning here in MO. I removed the thermal liner and rain shield for my commute to work. When I leave in the early am, the temps are about 75 and I am quite comfortable in the jacket. Interestingly, the mesh functions well as I can begin to get a flow of cool air thru the mesh as I exit the garage onto the driveway at about 5 mph. The ride home in 100 degree actual, 115 heat index temps however are another story. Prior to buying the jacket, I rode home from work in jeans and a short sleeve work shirt and it is like riding in a blast furnace. Since I have the jacket, I no longer want to ride "unprotected" so I have been wearing it. On my 25 mile commute in the scalding temps, I can only describe the comfort level as "tolerable". The mesh does a fine job of allowing airflow but 100 degree airflow is none too comfortable. I suspect there is NO armored apparel the will allow both comfort and safety in these conditions so I can't realistically fault the Tourmaster. The level of armor protection on this jacket is also impressive. Elbow, shoulder and lower back pads are substantial and appear to be well positioned for both comfort and safety. Nightime visibility is enhanced with Phoslite reflective piping and a reflective rear patch on the back. There are ample storage pockets throught the jacket so you can pack all of your necessary gizmos. Velcro cuffs seal the arms from cold air intrusion (what's cold air?) and ther are adjustment straps in the forearm and bicep areas. All in all, I am very pleased with this jacket and would recommend it to others. I purchased this from Dennis Kirk @$162.00 and received it two days after placing the order.

Hope this helps others in their search for riding apparel.

Mike

Top Bottom