[Review] Tour Master Intake Air Gloves

stupidmonkey

I purchased these to go along with a Tour Master jacket and pants. I got a medium and it fit fine until I gripped the throttle. It caused the end of the glove to pinch the fingers as there isn't really a curve in the design even though they say there is. The stitching is well done and doesn't interfere with the hand.

The mesh provided a nice air flow for ventilation but anything under 55? and you'll be wanting a more closed off glove. Great for Summer riding but that's about the only season depending on where you live.

The gloves offered little protection. A few pieces of thin leather padding where it counted and that's about it. It would keep a few small rocks from cause any harm to the knuckles but would be worrisome if you were to go down.

At $35 I'd give these a C rating. Probably best for Summer use and those wanting a thinner glove for better throttle feel.

http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/product.php?productid=278&cat=9

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I too bought a pair in large for summer riding. I agree that I wish there was better protection, but all in all, I am very pleased with the gloves. In fact I am very pleased with all the gear I have purchased from Tourmaster.

MIke

OP
OP

stupidmonkey

I really do like the jacket and pants I purchased. The gloves just leave a few things to be desired. If they were a $20 MSRP instead of $40 I'd give them a higher rating.

Bike
2010 NT700V
Mechanic's gloves. Vented. Velcro strap. $5 to $10 anywhere and everywhere. Remember..........KISS.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
I am still searching for a good summer pair with gel palm pads. The Columbia ones I have are wearing thin :) I don't really care for the big knuckle things.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Mechanic's gloves. Vented. Velcro strap. $5 to $10 anywhere and everywhere. Remember..........KISS.
My Craftsman Mechanics Gloves are mostly cloth and would shred and / or tear off in a millisecond in an accident. I'll stick with at least deer skin gloves.

Bike
Sprint GT, 2010 NT, MS950
I just picked up a pair of the Tour Master DriMesh gloves in the XXL size. In two shops they were the only ones I could get to fit correctly. I have long fingers, and most gloves end up pinching the seams into my fingertips and putting them to sleep. These are supposed to be waterproof, but I'm going to keep my lobster mitts in the saddlebag anyway; better safe than sorry, right?

Bike
2013 FJR 1300
I keep several pairs of gloves. Heavy, medium, and summer gloves. Having had the experience of hailstones and rocks bouncing off unprotected knuckles all have protection there.

Top Bottom