Touring

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
That poor little beastie couldn't handle the touring load that <ahem!> some of us are accustomed to carrying..... I'm just sayin'......

:rofl1:

Mike

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Crossing the Great Plains or riding through Minneapolis this little machine would be an adventure alright. On the other hand I could have a lot of fun with it on some local woods roads (except for getting smacked in the face by low hanging branches).

I had 3 of them (well, the old Trail 90's) in the past and used to take them out west on the old mining roads and back roads of national parks. Since they were street legal, they could be ridden in the national parks. The bikes were absolutely indestructible. At the time, I sure wished that they were 125's though. The 90's had a 4 speed transmission and a two speed (high and low) selector on the transmission. In 1st gear, low range, they would crawl anywhere. I believe that the new 125's do NOT have that two speed range selector though. Sad, because that made the bike so much better for trail riding.

Cliff

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Crossing the Great Plains or riding through Minneapolis this little machine would be an adventure alright. On the other hand I could have a lot of fun with it on some local woods roads (except for getting smacked in the face by low hanging branches).
In the US, I agree. My first tour was 1967 and I rode a 90 cc street scrambler over trail ridge road in Rocky Mt National part and camped out in Arapaho NF. I was too dumb to know I couldnt do it. If Ruriko want to tour Japan on a busa...fine....if Kanae wants something smaller...fine.....but consider this...people tour on bicycles......you can tour on a 125.
The more I ride, the more I think interstates are full of evil people trying to kill me.
Ruriko.jpg

(You can also race a cub......)
cub.jpg

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
You are right about bicycle touring. In the mid 70’s during the bicycling boom I took a 14 year hiatus from motorcycling and devoted myself to all things bicycle. I had a bike for commuting, one for touring and one for racing. I enjoyed every minute of it but eventually age caught up with me and my knees started to complain so I went back to motorcycles.

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
You are right about bicycle touring. In the mid 70’s during the bicycling boom I took a 14 year hiatus from motorcycling and devoted myself to all things bicycle. I had a bike for commuting, one for touring and one for racing. I enjoyed every minute of it but eventually age caught up with me and my knees started to complain so I went back to motorcycles.
You gotta have knees...mine developed issues when I was 35....no more bicycles and I go to the gym every day and use a treadmill....

Reactions: JQL
Top Bottom