Tourmaster Response SC boots

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Picked these up last year and am happy with the purchase. They are still available from a few discounters but have been "updated" in the lineup.
They wear like a pair of high top sneakers that keep your feet dry in the wet and offer armor for your ankles. They need to get laced up each time yo wear them there is no zipper for quick entry with a "velcro" held flap over the lace area providing additional protection for your feet.

OP
OP
karl

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Took them "swimming" today with my longest wet ride ever on the NT. Even without any lower fairing my feet came home dry.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Rick,

I've got close to 60-70,000 miles on my Oxtars. They have been renamed TCX but essentially the same boot is still out there for about $235, IIRC. My feet have stayed dry and I've walked a lot during those four or five years.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Falcon,
I can empathize with you on the high arches. When I was in Basic Training, I could not wear the Army issue combat boot. My drill Sgt. who was Special Forces suggested jump boots. That worked and gave me an excuse to go Airborne. I wore orthotics in my jungle boots.

For the MC, I got the Joe Rocket Meteor boots--not expensive at all. I don't need my orthotics because the boots have a clever clasp--similar to one found on a ski boot, which takes the place of laces. They are very comfortable, waterproof--tested in our wet weather. I am not sure about sole wear since mine are still quite new. Then for $110 that's not a bad deal

docta

http://www.ironpony.com/ironponydirect/product.asp/ImageName/TOURMASTER-SC-BOOT.jpg/Kitkey2/RESPONSE SC ROAD BOOT/Brand/TOUR MASTER/Class2/Footwear/Class3/Street Boots-Mens

The link above is a description of Tourmaster SCs.......these from Iron Pony in Columbus, Ohio......HUGE stock of everything motorcycle and you can try them on to assure proper fit prior to buying. Here at the Retirement Home, we are into our third season with SCs and they are excellent footwear, both on and off the bike......plan to take them to NZ early next year for a two-week ride....
Always ride safely and keep your airspeed under control.

TW

elizilla

I had a $500 pair of boots that wore their soles like that. Frey Daytonas. It was quite annoying because the boots were super comfy and never leaked. But I walked right through the soles in no time flat. :(

Another comfy waterproof boot is the Teknic Violator. Also available at Revzilla. These soles haven't worn badly at all. Great armor, and they fit like a pair of good sneakers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bike
Silver NT700V
I have a pair of Alpinestars Ridges. Three years 22,000+ miles. No visible wear on the soles so far. Not the best for walking but no worse than the last pair or cowboy boots ZI had. These have kept my feet warm (relatively) to 35 degrees and dry in some all day rains. Not bed for $110.

Keep the shiny side up,

Chuck

OP
OP
karl

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
A local cobbler has ground soles flat and glued new ones on for me. Just not as easy to find these shops as it once was.

Bike
2014 Black Yamaha Bolt
Shoe Repair Shops? Here in the Cochella Valley I think there may be one. I have to agree about the TourMaster Response Boot, they are great. It's a good boot here in the desert where to avoid cooking your feet I've seen many riders in tennis shoes. It's actually the first dedicated riding boot I have owned in 42 years of riding. I have always worn western styled boots untill I bought the NT. I've found these boots to be both comfortable and give me a much more secure feeling both when shifting and when I put my feet down at a stop. :cool:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Well, maybe you'd better wait till I get mine and tell you if there's as good as my old ones.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I've got the Response 2.0 (new version) and I love 'em. I wanted a boot that wasn't styled as a "Harley" or "crotch rocket" boot. I haven't tested 'em in the rain yet, but they should be up to Tourmaster standards.

MIke

I notice that Phil's post count doesn't change, even though he's posted many more posts. Is this a counting problem or a software problem? I'm waiting for him to hit 5000.

Terry

ccRider246

The Tourmaster Response have held up great in the rain for me. Nice light weight but not great for walking. I usually throw a pair of tennis shoes in for the walking.

OP
OP
karl

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
These are the old no longer available style boots. Mine still work great, seems we should move on to what you can buy today.

Bike
2010 Red NT 700
Let me put in a plug for multi purpose hiking boots. I have a nice pair of REI boots that I got for $116 last year. I've put about 20,000 riding miles and a bunch of hiking miles on them. I've ridden in some real down pours and the gore tex lining has kept my feet dry. Probably not as good with high ankle protection but they work and cost lesss and the soles wear long time.

Top Bottom