Track Day with NT?

Except the weight I can't feel a thing through the Dainese back-protector... ATGATT and riding safety are the priorities... always...
Sometimes, ya' just gotta use your imagination........

;)
Mike

When I was in my late teens and early twenties I had a brand new CX500. I also had a riding buddy Ray who just loved to ride pillion and we travelled many miles together on that bike.

For the most part Ray was a passive pillion passenger and simply enjoyed the ride. I remember on one occasion Ray decided to become an “active” pillion and the next corner we went around he leaned into that corner just like I did BUT I was not expecting it!

Needless to say the CX500 followed the physics of what was happening and just tipped right over in the corner. After I regained my composure I managed to control the situation get the bike upright again and we continued on our journey.

Ray was now very aware of the difference of being a pillion and being an active pillion.

Seagrass

Kinda funny.... when I was a pup it was very common to have another male buddy ride pillion.... now it's unthinkable!!

Mike

The only time I've had a pillion on an NT, it was a man. It was our very own JumpingJim. People talked about us for months. :rofl1:

You can ride a track day with any bike you want, as long as it will pass the tech inspection. Track Days are not sport bikes specific and I'm sure many a racy bike owner has been embarassed by an old Gold Wing passing him/her on a curve at speed! :)

I am going to look for the NT Track Day video and I will also contribute that there is an incredible video of a guy on a fully chromed-out GL1800 blasting around a track, dragging his knees and eating sportsbikes like peanuts - while towing a trailer.

He has a GoPro camera mounted on a tripod up on the top of the trailer and so the view is sort of "over his shoulder". This rider has some serious game - I've never seen anything like it.

Sorry, but I checked and cannot seem to find it - but I'll keep looking.

Back
Top Bottom