Trailering disappointment!

Hi to all..The wife and I travel to Florida for a few weeks in the sun this time of year and trailer our bikes...I originally planned on taking the NT but I could not come up with a way to securely tie it down inside my cargo trailer without thinking I may damage the bodywork..I have the front wheel chocks and canyon dancers.. but was still doubtful with the rest of the bike and I ran out of time... so I took my Bonneville instead...When I get back I think I will try to fabricate some sort of bracket on the sidewalls of the trailer to secure it. Anyone have a solution to preserve the bike during the 1100 mile trip ? The Triumph and the wife's GS made it with no problems..but I still would have liked to have had the Honda...

what about removing the plastic cover of the tipover wings and tying down there?

That's what I've done, too. It works great to run tie-down straps both forward and backward from them. I'd want something attached to my triple-clamps.

I did trailer the NT once and I honestly don't remember how I tied the back of the bike down. After that I just trailered my Bonneville.

Thanks to all for your replies...this was the first time with a cargo trailer..in the past I have just hooked the tiedowns to the handlebars and shock mounts to the Utility trailer and go!..I ran out of time experimenting with the NT and the main concern was damaging the bodywork to the Honda..The tipover wings sound like the obvious answer...We spend this time of year in Destin Fla at an RV park on the gulf...Wifey loves the beach and ocean and shopping is right across the street so location is pretty important, although last year was pretty cool and we were thinking going further down state, it sure is nice being able to ride the bikes this time of year...

I always use the frame for the front upper motor mount, very strong and you don't have to remove any thing. I did add tie down rings to the trailer floor pulling forward a little.

Back
Top Bottom