Trip A and Odometer

Bike
2011 Pearl Black NT700VAB
Hello. My 2011 NT is now defaulting to Odometer. I always change it to display Trip A because it always go back to Odometer after at least a day in the garage. After I change it before a ride, it stays on Trip A. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? I also noticed lately that if I don't plug in the battery tender when it is sitting in the garage for a week or so, it seems that battery has a hard time cranking the engine - although it is able to start the engine.

Thanks in advance.

Yup, the toggling between screens on the dash is the first sign of a weak battery.

That makes it three outta three. Time fer a new battery!

Mike

My screen just went blank when I tried starting the bike this spring. My battery charger / keeper malfunctioned in the winter, and the best I got out of the battery was 8.9V. Upon attempting to start it all lights worked fine, screen went orange, and not even a click out of the solenoids. Add a new battery, and away we go. I fear the computers in todays bikes are very demanding in what they need as "functional voltage". As result we experience the strange patterns out of the displays, and running characteristics when the battery, and the connections are suspect.

Back
Top Bottom