Trouble Refitting Middle cowl and Headlight Undercowl

skiper

I'm installing my headlight undercowl and the airguides won't fit behind the painted middlecowl. There is a painted tab from middlecowl that must hold in airguide panel. They require so much bending it seems wrong. I've been looking at the service manual over and over and searching both forums for countless hours and can't find answers. Seems like this problem is difficult to describe accurately - but - should I take everything off and try connecting airguides to middlecowl off the bike ? or what..?

OP
OP

skiper

Has anyone badly broken the panels by bending them too much ?

Bike
2) 2010 red NT's
Is it the one that attaches to the side of the radiator at the bottom? If so, that one is a PITA to re-install. Top half of it goes behind the 'arm' of the headlight cowl and does require some bending to get it there. What I did for mine was shove it under the arm, attach the plastic button, then screwed the bottom it loosely to the frame. Then fit the middle cowl (painted) and then finish clipping the black plastic inner cowl to the painted outer cowl.

OP
OP

skiper

Bob - thanks - I can't post pictures, this will motivate me to get stuff to do that. Dee G you got it , and that helps me to motivate those panels without fear of hurting my NT. i'll try this afternoon, thanks again..

Top Bottom