Turntable/dolly

Bike
2011 Black NT700
First of all feel free to put this in the correct forum.
Is anyone using a turntable/dolly to move their bike around in the garage?
Thanks, Clint

Bike
2013 DL650/A & CX500 Euro
I use a "Park N Move" dolly which I imported from the USA to Australia.

It is very well made but I was disappointed that the wheel locking mechanism is not as shown in the photos on their website. Mine has individual "thumb screws" that screw against the wheel edge and this is both tedious to do to all four wheels and it does not always lock the wheel effectively.

The Park N Move does do the job of allowing you to move the bike into the exact position you want/need it to be (my bikes live at the end of my garage, in front of my cars, and I needed to get them in just the right position so everything fits in the garage)

Bad points are that you need smooth concrete and it needs to be kept clean as small pebbles etc can stop the movement rather abruptly.

I also sometimes have difficulty getting the bikes on/off the Park N Move which can be frustrating. This could be my technique rather than a design problem.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
I just ordered a Venom brand "Motorcycle Center Stand Mover Dolley" off Ebay for $90.00. See Here for the listing. I wanted something to easily shift my FJ1200 around on while I'm working in the garage and this looks like it should fill my needs. I looked at the Park N Move but couldn't see any reason to spend twice as much money for what I need. The Park N Move is rated for twice the weight of the Venom so if you need to move a real heavy weight bike around the Venom is not a good choice. I'll post a review after it arrives and I get a chance to play with it.

kenstone

The centerstand will serve as a turntable on a concrete floor, I've used it on many bikes.
Standing on the left side, pull on the handlebar and bush on the seat grab bar...try it.
Ken

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
The centerstand will serve as a turntable on a concrete floor, I've used it on many bikes. Standing on the left side, pull on the handlebar and bush on the seat grab bar...try it.
Put a cheap plastic "cutting mat" under the center stand and it will really rotate easily...:) But I need to be able to push a bike sideways, in to a corner, so that "trick" won't work this time...

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
George, how do you get your bike onto the HF dolly? That little bit extra height would scare the bejabbers out of me. I'd be sure to drop the bike.

kenstone

Last edited by a moderator:

slider

I use the park n move also. Very nice and built like a tank.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
I looked at the HF model but I wanted to use the center stand so the FJ will stand "straight up" and allow a small SUV to get a bit closer. If I wanted a dolly for a Harley, or any other bike without a center stand, I'd head down to my local HF.

bicyclist

George, how do you get your bike onto the HF dolly? That little bit extra height would scare the bejabbers out of me. I'd be sure to drop the bike.
It's only about 1?" high, Phil. There's a fold down ramp on each end that keeps it from moving while you roll the bike on. It rolls on easily. Line it up, roll it on, flip the ramp up and slide it against the wall.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA, #227
My experience with the Park N Move dolly was not at all what I had expected. After seeing their video of a young woman effortlessly putting a motorcycle on the dolly and moving it around with ease, I ordered one. My dolly was very sturdily constructed and had locking caster wheels, not set screws. They were quite difficult to work. I found putting my NT on the dolly was a two person operation to line it up. Then getting it on the dolly was even more difficult for me. I even raised the bike's front end up on a plank to make placing it on the center stand easier and that was of little use. My several calls to Park N Move to ask if they had any suggestions went unanswered. Eventually I sold it for half of what I paid. I had great expectations as my garage is quite cramped. After putting in the lawn mower, car and motorcycle there is barely enough room let for a fart. All in all I was quite disappointed.

slider

Wow. I kick mine under the bike with one foot so it straddles the tire. I then lift the bike off the side stand and push down the center stand to see if it's somewhat centered. It almost always is. Then I stand on it and lift the bike. Takes 7 seconds.

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
Phil,

If you do go to that system and manage to drop the bike REMEMBER I get first chance at the damaged pannier large lid set!!

Eldon:rolleyes:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
HA! No more cosmetic pannier lid replacements for this boy, Eldon.

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
Phil,

If you do go to that system and manage to drop the bike REMEMBER I get first chance at the damaged pannier large lid set!!

Eldon:rolleyes:

Top Bottom