Twisted Throttle Barback Risers

Bike
2010 ABS Silver
Hi All,

I was browsing the Twisted Throttle site and noticed these Barback risers:
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/2016/284/

" Barbacks increase handlebar height by 25mm (1.0") and move them back 25mm (1.0"), producing an overall handlebar displacement of 35.4mm (1.4") at a 45 degree angle from the original position."

Does anyone have any experience or other information on how these work with our bikes?

Thanks!

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I saw that and took a look at them in the catalog (which I got when I got my Givi bag that doesn't have all the lock-mount parts). I like the way it angles back from the top of the existing bar mounts. I don't think it would have the problems with tank clearance that it looks like the Heli-Bar bar-backs might have. I think these would work well -- but you might need longer brake line/clutch cable.

Bike
Silver NT700V
I have used this product but not on the NT. I installed them on my Suzuki GS500F. They work well on that bike. The risers are well made and install easily. The potential issue with NT I gather from the forum is cable length. I will need to look more closely to see if there is enough cable and hose slack for them.

All that said, I am considering the Bar Backs also. I am 5' 6" tall with 32" arms. The Sargent seat I just installed seems to want me sitting a bit farther back than the stock seat did. I end up leaning a little farther forward than I want to.

Choices are:

1. MCL Risers (Motorcycle Larry $50 MOL)
2. SW MoTech Risers (Twisted Throttle $50 MOL)
3. SW MoTech Bar Backs (Twisted Throttle $105 MOL)

Gut reaction at this point is MCL risers.

Good Luck

Chuck

bicyclist

Those look like the ones that came on my used F800. I tried them on my NT and they interfere with raising the tank.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
MCL's bar risers are contoured to match the NT's pieces a bit better.

lcseds

The foot peg extensions was a dead link for a while also until he got back and machined some more. Just keep checking, they will be back.

Top Bottom