Twisted Throttle Barback Risers

Bike
2010 ABS Silver
Hi All,

I was browsing the Twisted Throttle site and noticed these Barback risers:
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/2016/284/

" Barbacks increase handlebar height by 25mm (1.0") and move them back 25mm (1.0"), producing an overall handlebar displacement of 35.4mm (1.4") at a 45 degree angle from the original position."

Does anyone have any experience or other information on how these work with our bikes?

Thanks!

I saw that and took a look at them in the catalog (which I got when I got my Givi bag that doesn't have all the lock-mount parts). I like the way it angles back from the top of the existing bar mounts. I don't think it would have the problems with tank clearance that it looks like the Heli-Bar bar-backs might have. I think these would work well -- but you might need longer brake line/clutch cable.

I have used this product but not on the NT. I installed them on my Suzuki GS500F. They work well on that bike. The risers are well made and install easily. The potential issue with NT I gather from the forum is cable length. I will need to look more closely to see if there is enough cable and hose slack for them.

All that said, I am considering the Bar Backs also. I am 5' 6" tall with 32" arms. The Sargent seat I just installed seems to want me sitting a bit farther back than the stock seat did. I end up leaning a little farther forward than I want to.

Choices are:

1. MCL Risers (Motorcycle Larry $50 MOL)
2. SW MoTech Risers (Twisted Throttle $50 MOL)
3. SW MoTech Bar Backs (Twisted Throttle $105 MOL)

Gut reaction at this point is MCL risers.

Good Luck

Chuck

Those look like the ones that came on my used F800. I tried them on my NT and they interfere with raising the tank.

MCL's bar risers are contoured to match the NT's pieces a bit better.

The foot peg extensions was a dead link for a while also until he got back and machined some more. Just keep checking, they will be back.

Back
Top Bottom