Two Important Things Today

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I always ask for a discount. The AARP discount, the AMA discount, and others are all about the same. I take whichever one they give.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I only look for discounts when checking into a hotel but mostly online and not in person. And it seems many or all of the hotel discounts have disappeared plus my staying at them has been drastically reduced this past year.

I only stayed in a hotel 3 times since January 2021 where in previous, non-Covid years it was closer to 8-9 times, all on motorcycle trips. Let's hope 2022 is better. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brillot2000
Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
Today I concluded my 49th trip around the sun. Also, DIVA celebrates her 5th anniversary with me today as well.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Happy birthday Bruce.
I had my NT for 5 years (2011-2016). I sold it to a guy on the ST forum who wanted something lighter than his ST1300. It had 55,000++ happy miles on it. I wanted a lighter bike with a little more power, one more gear, heated grips, and cruise control.

OP
OP
Brillot2000
Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
Thank you all for the birthday wishes.

It was not all joyful for me yesterday. My eldest son living on his own has in the ER early that morning. He overdosed on insulin while drinking with his friends. He passed out and hit his head hard enough to get a concussion requires several stitches for cuts. Possibly that he possibly he fractured his nose. Luckily, he was with friends. If the circumstances were different, we could have lost him.

His mother and I scolded him regarding the situation that lead to him ending up in the ER. He told me that he learned his lesson and will “NEVER” do that again.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
What a scare. Glad things turned relatively OK.

Our kids always seem to present us with things amazing and things pretty disappointing.

OP
OP
Brillot2000
Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
What a scare. Glad things turned relatively OK.

Our kids always seem to present us with things amazing and things pretty disappointing.
Funny that you mention disappointment.

It was also how I found out he went out and got a tattoo. He sent a picture of him when was in the ER getting treated. I saw something peculiar in the image on his chest. My wife also saw it. I presented question if he had a tattoo. He then admitted that he did. I conveyed my disappointment in him. And asked him to promise me that he would not get any more. He promised he would not and he would never do drinking and insulin again.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Drinking and insulin? Never heard of that one.

Mike

OP
OP
Brillot2000
Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
Drinking and insulin? Never heard of that one.

Mike
My eldest son has been a Type 1 Diabetic since he was 12 years old. He was required taken daily insulin injections since. He’s 24 now. Half his life he has been taking insulin.

He started drinking alcohol in his Sophomore year in college. So, insulin and alcohol is not unheard of in this situation. I told my son that it was a recipe for disaster. Seems that day had come. The outcome could have been deadly if he was out in public with people unfamiliar with him. My wife and me count our blessings.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
OK, that clarifies it. I thought it was a new thing that young people tested their immortality with. Glad he's OK and I hope he has learned his lesson. My youngest was a slow learner.
:well1:
Mike

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Today November 4th, 2021 marks two important things for me.

1. Today I have completed my 48th Anniversary around the sun. I have earned my "Old Guy" Merit Badge sometime ago when I received my first Senior Discount on a meal 8 years ago without asking for one.
  2. Today also marks the 4th Anniversary of purchasing and picking up my NT from Crestline, CA.
I dont remember 48....that was a quarter of a century ago.....

Top Bottom