UCLEAR MBC 100 & TracFone LG840G

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Bought this from http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/uclear-hbc-100-bluetooth-communicator and have had the pair for less than a week now. The phone headset combo will play loud enough to hear with earplugs in over the noise of the bike and the wind with the screen down at 65mph. I have to admit I liked it.

Have no intent of spending my rides chatting on a cell phone but do like the music player. With hearing as bad as mine an audiophile I am not. Still love music and the quality with this setup is pretty good for me. I got the single so have not used the intercom at all but the phone and music player work well for me.

The install is real easy as there is no boom mike to get set up. My only concern is how the battery change some time down the road will work out as they are not a user changeable item. We shall see over time and I will post it here.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
Lithium batteries are proven to be good for years.

None of the headsets I have looked at have replaceable batteries. My Scala is now 4 years old and the Sena is 2 yrs old. I use them every day (one at a time). I keep hoping the Scala will go belly up so I can justify getting a Uclear. :)

OP
OP
karl

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
A short while back I broke down and bought a new camera/music video player/GPS and even works as a cell phone. Had never taken the UClear off the old helmet so I pulled it off the shelf and a more powerful amp seems to make a big difference. Listening to music on my commute was nice so I swapped the unit over to my current Lid.

Phone is an unlocked Motorola MotoG4 that I swapped my Tracfone account to. Enjoy being able to listen to things like this: http://www.alligator.com/artists/Saffire--The-Uppity-Blues-Women/ It also has an FM radio app that uses earbuds as an antenna. The data usage to stream music has been within my frugal nature.

Earbuds are illegal here in Massachusetts, earplugs on the other hand are legal. I use Moldex meteores with a 33dB NRR that I always wear. The setup still lets me hear the music with most of the nuance I can still hear over the tinnitus.

OP
OP
karl

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
The new phone made a big difference. The new lid even more. The speakers are velcroed into place and the sound is just awesome. I love having the option for music on my ride. Wish I had sorted this out sooner.

Top Bottom