Under-seat storage usage.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
The Honda accessory U-Lock that fits that space is over $100, plus shipping, from the UK! I don't know of anyone who has bought it...at least on this side of the pond.

Attachments

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Gee, I thought that was where FuzeBlocks were supposed to be mounted.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
I have a U-lock in there. Not the Honda one. Got it at Walmart for $15 (?). I like to use it when parked at motels overnight or in crowded campgrounds.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I have a U-lock in there. Not the Honda one. Got it at Walmart for $15 (?). I like to use it when parked at motels overnight or in crowded campgrounds.
Charlie,

When you use your U-lock, what do you attach it to?

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Charlie,

When you use your U-lock, what do you attach it to?
I was actually going to purchase one and pay the big bucks until I looked over the bike and could not figure out exactly how it would be used. Normally a U lock goes through the forks but I could not see how that would work on the NT. I now use a standard cable and lock for night time security.

MAC

When I travel I take my disc-brake lock, a 6' cable and pad lock for 1 or 2 bikes. I will take a 15' cable if there are more then 2 bikes. This way we can lock all bikes togeather and I always recamend that other riders do the same when we travel.

jadorff

i just use a pad lock on the front disc if i ever need to lock the wheel i dont use the space under the seat

Bike
2014 Black Yamaha Bolt
For years I have carried a set of Handcuffs (front spoke to fork tube) They can be cut, keys are not hard to get, but as an old H.A. told me years ago, who'd dare?

Dan:cool:

I simply have a lock that locks to the front disk. I talked with a knowledgable guy whose opinion was that locks only slow down thieves that are highly invested in stealing your bike. He told me a very common way to steal a bike is have four guys in a truck with a bed mattress, tip the bike onto the mattress, have each guy pick up a corner of the mattress and throw it in the back of the truck. Sigh. I'm hoping they go after Harleys instead of a bike they probably know little about.

Terry

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I simply have a lock that locks to the front disk. I talked with a knowledgable guy whose opinion was that locks only slow down thieves that are highly invested in stealing your bike. He told me a very common way to steal a bike is have four guys in a truck with a bed mattress, tip the bike onto the mattress, have each guy pick up a corner of the mattress and throw it in the back of the truck. Sigh. I'm hoping they go after Harleys instead of a bike they probably know little about.

Terry
Those boys had better have had their Wheaties for breakfast if they try that trick on an NT although I am sure its possible. As you said they would probably prefer a high end sport bike or Harley as a first pick.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I have a Kryptonite U lock under my seat. I have not used it yet, but it is there if I do need it. I have put together a tool kit, which I keep in the pass through for the panniers.

bicyclist

I use a Kathy's Journey Designs document pouch in the tailpiece to hold tools. It comes as a pair of Cordura pouches intended to hold documents and a tire repair kit. I make the document pouch work by inserting it empty in the tailpiece and then putting the tools into the pouch. She also makes a tool roll, which I have, but it won't fit the space. Anyone with sewing skill could easily make something similar.

Here's a source: http://store.bobsbmw.com/product/KathysDocumentandTireRepairKitPouch

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Reviving an 'old thread' to ask What do you put 'under the seat'? (Not stock, obviously; e.g., owner's manual)
Is there a place for a tool roll? Hid some duct tape? I'm always looking for useful nooks and crannies, so if you're pleased with what you've done 'under the seat,' please share.
Thx.
Honda intended for the Honda tool kit and ulock to go under the seat. I don't find it all that convenient to remove the seat so I do not store anything under it other than my fuzeblock.

elizilla

I put my insurance and registration kit in a ziplock bag under the seat. The specific reason for this, is because it is inconvenient to get to. This means that if a police officer wants to see them, they'll have to stand there with me while I get off the bike, take off my helmet, open the case to release the latch, etc. Which gives me time to chat with the cop and convince them I'm a nice lady and not a serial killer.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
I noticed I didn't respond to earlier posts. I just put the Ulock around the wheel spokes.

Top Bottom