Under the seat

KGNT

Bike
2011 NT 700 VA
Just wondering. What is this area under the seat designed to hold with the rubber strap.

See attached

KGNT

Attachments

• honda under seat.jpg
    honda under seat.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 77
I put my tire repair kit under the seat. Fits just perfect.. Put the pump in the hole between the 2 sadle bags.

In Europe, the bike comes with a tool kit (I don't think it comes with a U-lock as standard), and the tool kit is held by the strap. A U-lock fits around the tool kit. That's where I've got my Fuzeblock.

I actually put a U lock under my seat for a little bit. After a while I found it was a PITA to remove the seat to get to it so I started leaving it at home. I ended up leaving that space empty.

This is a picture of under the seat on my NT. As it is the European Model, specifically the the French Version*, it came with the tool kit. I have added the U-Lock a T-Bar wrench and some locktight - oh and a spare wire-tie.

attachment.php

Tool kit contents:

attachment.php

* Yes there is a specific French Version. You can only have the speedo, fuel computer, etc. in Metric.

Attachments

• WP_20150405_09_37_07_Pro sm.jpg
    WP_20150405_09_37_07_Pro sm.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Your tool kit is missing the 27 mm eye wrench for the rear axle nut.

If I remember correctly those were not included in later tool kits. When I ordered my tool kit from the UK it was not on the parts list for the 2010 models. I ended up getting one from a US tool kit company that has I believe a 26 on one end and a 27 on the other end so it fits the front or rear axel nut.

David Silver Spares.
Note: you have to buy each tool individually. You can not just buy a complete kit. It cost me about $80 US to purchase them all separately.

I added to my Honda tool kit to the point it now takes up most of the right pannier :)

LOL, Warren. Mine doesn't take up most of the right pannier, but it takes up maybe 1/4 of it. I manage to get my 1st-Aid kit, my Warm'n'Safe heated jacket, my tire-repair kit and mini-compressor, and (just barely) my Geeza Gear bike cover into mine.

The tool kit is likely 1/2 or better of the weight, though.

Yup, if you pull up the European version of the owners manual, their bike comes with a tool kit and it gives you the Honda part number for the specific U-lock. Not the helmet wire we get, but a bike lock.
Gene

Back
Top Bottom