Under your seat, what do you put in that hidden space?

Bike
2010 NT700V
So I currently have my battery charger underneath the seat. But hoping to put a second fuze block under too.

It got me thinking, could I get my tool kit, air compressor, and first aid kit in there too?

What do you have under your seat?

Bike
2011 NT700 ABS (Frodo)
You may not be ready for this response. A Kershaw axe (port/left side), a small fixed blade knife (starboard/right side), and a folding Esbit stove with fuel pellets in the middle. Back by the taillight cavity, buffered to ensure no contact with wiring, is a 50 foot length of 550 cord. Not something I need every day, just something I try to need as many times as possible each summer.

It's mostly a left-over preference from between my two marriages when I'd leave work any day after Easter and maybe call in "sick", or on vacation, or something, from a small fishing town two states away the next morning.

I also have a tarp and mini-camp gear in a nalgene bottle in the luggage all the time.

Truthfully, I work hard when I work. I'm usually the last out to lock up in the evenings. But give me slack time, no project on the books, and I'm usually gone! I end up a binge rider because that's the way this job works out.

You asked!

bicyclist

I carry my toolkit in the tail cavity. Since the bike doesn't come with a kit, I collected the necessary tools and keep them in a cordura bag fastened with velcro. The only way I could get everything in the cavity was by adding the tools to the empty bag after it was in place.

loonytuna

You may not be ready for this response. A Kershaw axe (port/left side), a small fixed blade knife (starboard/right side), and a folding Esbit stove with fuel pellets in the middle. Back by the taillight cavity, buffered to ensure no contact with wiring, is a 50 foot length of 550 cord. Not something I need every day, just something I try to need as many times as possible each summer.

It's mostly a left-over preference from between my two marriages when I'd leave work any day after Easter and maybe call in "sick", or on vacation, or something, from a small fishing town two states away the next morning.

I also have a tarp and mini-camp gear in a nalgene bottle in the luggage all the time.

Truthfully, I work hard when I work. I'm usually the last out to lock up in the evenings. But give me slack time, no project on the books, and I'm usually gone! I end up a binge rider because that's the way this job works out.

You asked!
WOW - All I can carry is a bottle of single malt scotch on the left, grey goose on the right, folding martini glasses in the middle and a 12 gauge shotgun n the back!

Okay, maybe not ............ but this list (above) is amazing!

I have to look at that space a little harder now! .... THANKS!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
I don't carry anything in there right now. I wanted my top box more forward so the mount does not allow the seat to be removed. Someday I will fix that and put sliders on the top box. Then I will figure out something to put under the seat :)

loonytuna

I took a look at that space.

Thanks! It's a great secure location for storing my "7 friends" when they are not with me.

Bike
2011 NT700 ABS (Frodo)
I don't carry anything in there right now. I wanted my top box more forward so the mount does not allow the seat to be removed. Someday I will fix that and put sliders on the top box. Then I will figure out something to put under the seat :)
Hey Charlie,

Have you seen Elizilla's top box mounting rig. She did something like what you're talking about. Quite elegant as I recall. Not sure if she still has it or has evolved the idea further since then. Thought I'd mention it if you haven't perused that thread.

elizilla

I sold it to RedBird, who posted in that thread that he is using it and likes it. I have more ideas and will probably do something similar on the Super10, sooner or later.

RedBird

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 F800ST, 1973 R75/5
Yes, I do like it. Plus I see no reason for the top box to sit an extra 3" or so up in the air like it does with the Givi mount. I'm sure Givi uses the same mount with different bottom mounting plates on several different bikes, but that nylon doughnut of a mount adds height to the total setup.

Top Bottom