Unofficial NT Rally May 13-16, 2021

Fieroguy

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Just sending a Shout Out to Duane, Vickie, Tosh, Debbie, Karl, Chris, Kevin, Ray and Bill. It was great seeing you and riding the wonderful curvy roads of SE Ohio. Duane did an excellent job of selecting the best routes which included Tail of the Viper, The Triple Nickel and The Big Muskie Bucket Tour, plus the best eatery for BBQ... Boondocks! The weather was in our favor the whole time and there was no drama, save for a dead battery on the second day which was quickly remedied. The part that is as good as the riding is the camaraderie we all enjoyed at the end of the day. I'm the worst picture taker, but I invite those who took better pictures of the event to post them here.

Looking forward to next year!

Attachments

Last edited:

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
Glad everyone liked the routes. The "Trail of Vipers" is by far some of the best riding here. However that one section of the Triple Nickel is awesome as well. Was wonderful to see you all again. Hopefully next year we'll have a full blown NT Gathering. Great time with great folks. Vicki and I thoroughly enjoyed.
Posting just a few of my pics here.

IMG_6701.JPGIMG_6749.JPGIMG_6736.JPGIMG_6739.JPGIMG_6730.JPGIMG_6726.JPGIMG_6727.JPGIMG_6779.JPGIMG_6708.JPGIMG_6783.JPGIMG_6784.JPGIMG_6691.JPGIMG_6807.jpg20210515_081454.jpg20210515_150535.jpg20210514_205454.jpg

Last edited:

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
SORRY I missed it, but will be back next year. Duane riding thru NC sometime in the summer, I'll be able to catch up with him. like the BIG easy to see pics

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Looking at the Weather Channel, I think I might have a miserable trip the last couple of days if I had tried to go to Barber Moto Museum and the Natchez Trace. And getting across Louisiana, Oklahoma and Kansas would have been challenging.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I'd skip the Natchez Trace if I were you. I found it flat, straight, and boring. Yes, I know it's a historic road but that doesn't make it exciting.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Anything would be more exciting than sitting here unable to ride for the next two weeks while waiting for the dealer to fix my bike. :)

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Anything would be more exciting than sitting here unable to ride for the next two weeks while waiting for the dealer to fix my bike. :)
Are you going to have 'em look at your electrical issues while they have it?

Mike

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I'd skip the Natchez Trace if I were you. I found it flat, straight, and boring. Yes, I know it's a historic road but that doesn't make it exciting.
If you stop to look at the historic stuff, I found it interesting. As an entertaining "ride" however it does not compare to the Blue Ridge Parkway or your roads in SE Ohio.

Mike

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Are you going to have 'em look at your electrical issues while they have it?

Mike
Mike, I had decided to make an appointment with them before I left for Ohio and let them fix all the electrical issues when I got back. But then when I discovered the leaky fork, I decided I didn't need to go to Ohio and just added the fork overhaul to my list. My appointment is two weeks from yesterday.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold

I spent 3 days riding down to the Natchez Trace and within 3 miles there was a detour off the Trace onto a road that was another detour. Well the detour of the detour did not lead back to the Natchez Trace. It was raining pretty hard so I just continued my trip toward the south coast. How exciting is that?

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I spent 3 days riding down to the Natchez Trace and within 3 miles there was a detour off the Trace onto a road that was another detour. Well the detour of the detour did not lead back to the Natchez Trace. It was raining pretty hard so I just continued my trip toward the south coast. How exciting is that?
I had the same thing happen on the NTP when I rode it and last fall on the BRP when I rode it with my son. Seems like they are really good at detouring you OFF the parkway but not so much at detouring you back ON .

Mike

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Both the BRP and Natchez Trace are national parks so you could go to their websites and see if detours off/on are noted. The other possibility is to call the ranger station for that locale and ask about it.

Last edited:

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Both the BRP and Natchez Trace are national parks so you could go to their websites and see if detours off/on are noted. The other possibility is to call the ranger station for that locale and ask about it.
Fortunately, I had the NPS maps of both parkways so I could see which entrance/exit locales were ahead and follow the local roads accordingly. Ranger stations as best I could tell are few and far between on both parkways.

Mike

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
HMMMMM..... was thinking about that route for sometime in future..........but maybe now switch plans to something else going in that direction.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I'm sure the path for the Natchez Trace was selected so it would be easier for heavy wagons, loaded with goods, being pulled by horses on the way to/from the Gulf area of the Big Muddy to Nashville, and as such they did their best to keep it straight and flat.

Last edited:
Top Bottom