Valve Check Intervals

Lets define a "tad". To me it would be on the loose side of specification, or a few thousands of an inch.

I always adjusted the Connie's to the loose side of specification. They lasted a long time.

That's what I'll do with the NT when I learn to adjust them.

I had a powerplant instructor in A & P school that used the term but never defined it...in this case, I would say Kawasaki means 1/2 to 1 thousandths. At least that is what I do. Ideally, the feeler gage should just drag a bit if say the gap is .008 in. You could then try a seven as a go and a nine as a no go gage. But after 4O years of setting valves, I got the drag part down pretty well. TE=karl;100404]Lets define a "tad". To me it would be on the loose side of specification, or a few thousands of an inch.[/QUOTE]

I always adjusted the Connie's to the loose side of specification. They lasted a long time.

That's what I'll do with the NT when I learn to adjust them.

Phil, using the "rear cylinder first" trick and the modified front throttle body clamp trick, you will be amazed at just how easy the procedure is.

Lets define a "tad". To me it would be on the loose side of specification, or a few thousands of an inch.

A tad is slightly less than a smidge and slightly more than a skosh. Is that better?

Mike

Clay, a "right smart" is three skoshes bigger than a tad.

Mind boggling? It boggles my mind that my NT has turned more than 344 MILLION revolutions. I know that Honda designed it to do just that, but that's a whole bunch of turns.

So these events would cause the valve to travel too far up into the head?

Clay, sorry for the delayed reply. The bed and breakfast I spent the weekend at in Arkansas did not have Internet. To be honest it was kind of a nice change. Sounds like Daboo and Coyote Chris did an excellent job of explaining things.

Back
Top Bottom