VFR Honda's Flagship Sports Tourer?

Noticed this on the tech sight of the Honda Worldwide web site. They refered to the VFR as their "flagship sports tourer". Hmmmmm. This must be some news to all the ST fans or I am just not in the loop. In any case it does give one pause on where Honda intends to go with their line especially since the VFR is under the sport bike section of their US web page. Also interesting was Rider magazine's latest issue on sports tourers which included no Honda product. Owwwch! Said they did not include the ST becasue it was not current. So how about the VFR? Guess they don't read the blogs.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
It has been highly rumored for years that the next Gen Honda ST will be base on the VFR1200 motor and drive train.There are even artist conception drawing out there in cyberspace. If the motor is not longitudinally mounted,or does not have the tip over wings like the ST1100/1300, then in my book, it is not a real Honda ST. The present VFR1200 does not have the range that my present ST1300 has (300 miles) or the seating position to be a good Distance Sport Tour to replace the Present ST. We will see. But Honda has about a year and a half, then I will most likely go with the Other Guys (read FJR) for my next new Sport Touring machine.

Bike
2011 Black NT700V
I can't wait to see where Honda is going next with the ST.. I sat on one at my last service and it just looked very plain.. If they re-do all the bells and whistles to bring the cockpit in line with the others, it would be a good contender for my next bike.. The current engine is fine for me, so as long as they dont go backwards.. My wishlist would have cruise control first, tire pressure monitor second, everything the C14 has third..

b.

elizilla

I love the VFR but I don't currently have one. I will have another someday, though.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
I was surprised the current version was not made more of a touring bike instead of sport bike.

Interesting how several mfg's have learned about the same time.

Triumph Sprint becomes Sprint GT

Beemer F800ST becomes F800GT

tawilke46

Suspension must be bottomed out on that bike! The guy is confident though, only the one hand on the throttle. Nice.......
A good example of NGATT.

Top Bottom