Vin Number deCode and model number

Bike
2010 NT700V Red
HI. I just purchased an 2010 NT700V, maybe, but don't know if it is an ABS or non ABS. How do I know? Does the "V" in the model mean ABS? Does the vin code indicate anything, I don't know how to decode. Where is the vin code located on the bike? Thanks all.

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
if the bike has ABS, will say on front fender, and very noticeable wheel sensors rings on wheel

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
if the bike has ABS, will say on front fender, and very noticeable wheel sensors rings on wheel

This picture clearly shows the "Combined ABS" decal on the fender and silver ABS wheel sensors (the rings inside the brake rotor mount). They are the same on 2011 Black NTs. If these aren't visible on silver bikes it's because they are non-ABS 2010s. They will never be on red 2010 bikes.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
The "V" in the model number is the cylinder arrangement.

OP
OP
oldtimer
Bike
2010 NT700V Red
Thanks for the infor. I forgot to mention my current / new 2010 NT is red. I sold my original silver NT, which was a mistake on my part. Attached is the only document I could find on how to decode a Honda NT700 vin. According to this, the "E" in digit 10 indicates model year 2010. I found another document that said the Honda NT was built in Spain, plant code of "0". Can anyone confirm this? Where is the vin located?

Attachments

Bike
2010 Red NT700V
The NTs we got in the US were built in a Montesa Honda plant in Barcelona, Spain.

Look down from the handlebars on the right side of the fairing opening, you'll see the VIN sticker on the frame just aft of the steering head.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I don't know if anyone else had this issue, but when I bought my bike in early March of 2010, State Farm had a hard time verifying my serial number. It took a couple of weeks for it to get established in their data base.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
I don't know if anyone else had this issue, but when I bought my bike in early March of 2010, State Farm had a hard time verifying my serial number. It took a couple of weeks for it to get established in their data base.
I had the same issue. The VIN decoded to a rebuilt vehicle from Massachusetts....and that is almost uninsurable. Honda was slow to release the VIN range to the powers that be so it was interesting.

Top Bottom