Vista Cruise

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Rick,

Call Throttlemeister! They've got good customer support. I'm starting to wonder if you've got the right one. There's a slight difference in the one for heated grips and the one for non-heated grips. You've thrown $100 at that thing. Believe me! It'll work. The Vista Cruise will work for awhile, but my experience with them is that they started slipping after a few thousand miles. Others will no doubt disagree.

OP
OP

Igo

I'll have to get back to you on this one Rick. Maybe this weekend we can look at it.

OP
OP

Igo

Rick,

Call Throttlemeister! They've got good customer support. I'm starting to wonder if you've got the right one. There's a slight difference in the one for heated grips and the one for non-heated grips. You've thrown $100 at that thing. Believe me! It'll work. The Vista Cruise will work for awhile, but my experience with them is that they started slipping after a few thousand miles. Others will no doubt disagree.
I can see where after awhile they might wear down as everytime you turn the throttle there must be rubber running across rubber. I might take mine off and save it for the really long rides.

maxweljames

Just ordered a Vista myself. For the price I'm willing to play with it for a while. With all the tips on here I'm sure installation will be a breeze.

OP
OP

Igo

It takes 30 minutes to install. I can see the rubber polishing over time but all you have to do is take it out. Rough it up. Clean it and maybe a belt dressing and it should be good as new. It works perfectly right now.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
The bar type Vista Cruise does not slide over any of the grip. They provide rubber inserts that fit over the grips and can be swapped out or trimmed to fit whatever grip dia you have. The actual wear surface is between the steel 'ring' and a plastic 'ring'. If it starts to slip a bit you adjust the spring tension. So, yes, it should work with the heated grips.

I've had mine on the Honda for 4000 miles now and on the Guzzi for about 8000miles. I also had one on my 71 Honda and it lasted for 30,000miles without any problems.

I will keep the one on the Honda until I spring for a real cruise control.

mlester1973

I just installed the Vista Cruise Lock on my NT and saw that everyone was having a hard time with installation and this worried me, especially when I did a search for installation and many involved drilling a hole in the ignition housing drilled holes are hard to repair, so I fabricated alittle bracket and wanted to share, it seems to work fine stays in place and no binding of the throttle, can't wait for the rain to clean and try it outhttp://www.flickr.com/photos/mlester1973/sets/72157626484742312/with/5614190188/

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Good work, Michael! That's what I love about this group. Someone can always come up with a sanitary way to do things I would have just cobbled together.

OP
OP

Igo

Not to better anybody but my Vista Cruise for non-heated grips was a drop in installation.

Nashional

Just got back from a 600 miles trip and I could have really used one of theses. Can anyone provide a link of a place to buy them and specifically the one that's needed for the NT?

OP
OP

Igo

Just google Vista Cruise. They are probably the oldest and most popular of this kind of mechanism in the business. Use the one with te solid extension arm. there are only two kinds I think.

hubba730

I installed the universal Vista today. I cut the rise on the inside of the grip to get a better fit. Works great. Took 15 minutes.

Igo. Do you have a part number of URL where a Vista cruise lock can be ordered? I've looked in a few locations, but they all indicate that the cruise lock does not fit the NT700. Thanks

Top Bottom