Waterfalls, Gorges and Old Towns, Oh My ! Part II

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
Monday morning found us waking kind of early to the sound of sports cars racing around Watkins Glenn raceway however we had plans for the day. We were going to hike from the campground into Watkins Glen Gorge, down the gorge and back to camp. What a spectacular place this is. I will only post a few of the pics however will include a link to the album for those who may want to go there. This place will blow your mind. I would definitely suggest walking down the gorge and then catch a lift back to camp unless you like the exercise like I do.

The Gorge Trail is about 1 1/4 miles long and I was glad we went down the gorge from the campground. We took the hiking trail back up to the campground which was tough although still easier than going back up all those steps with all the people that were pouring in.

We went for a ride around the gorge on what was originally the first Grand Prix course in the country.

They have it marked quite well. I had also read about the Seneca Station Restaurant as being the best. So we looked it up and I have to say that was nearly the best meal I have ever had. Highly recommended.

Link to all the day 3 pictures of the gorge.

http://s1327.photobucket.com/user/djphotos2/library/Water Falls Gorges and Old towns Tour/Day 3

On the next day we got up and went over to check out the noise at Watkins Glen raceway. They were running hot laps / practice for the GT series and they let us in free to sit in the stands. That was fantastic even though I'm not a big racing fan. Was neat to see it.

Then took off and rode back road over to Ithaca NY where we took on another of my passions, Kayaking.. Rented a couple lake kayaks and enjoyed 4 hours of paddling in the large lake and water ways around Ithaca.

Even got to sneak up on an Osprey while perched on a limb. Looked pretty awesome when it flew away.

While in Ithaca we went over and checked out the falls near Cornell University.

By the end of the day we made our way back to Watkins Glen and enjoyed the evening around the campfire.

Link to Day 4 pics. http://s1327.photobucket.com/user/djphotos2/library/Water Falls Gorges and Old towns Tour/Day 4

End of Part II

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
very pretty gorge, and walk thru too. have not been there

Top Bottom