We've talked about potential replacements for our NT. Here's one:

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
What Paul said. And the seat on the FZ-09 could be improved with a board and boat cushion. It might be a fun bike, but it is NOT a tourer.
On the other hand it has the potential to be what a lot of us are looking for. They are light and have good power. But for now a WeeStrom would be my second choice

tawilke46

Would not hold my breath here. Bet the Europeans get the sport tour version and we don't. Remember how long it took to convince Yamaha to bring the FJR to the U.S. The sport/tour market is small in this country, but much more significant in Europe.
As far as this Yamaha FZ09 Sport Tour version goes, I would prefer a Suzuki VStrom. I would have a difficult time deciding between the Wee and the NT.......if it came down to owning only one bike.

Last edited:
Bike
2010 NT700V
Ugly little critter, but the rear tire would be a snap to change.

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
At the rate NT's are selling there should be some still in the showroom years from now. Every week you find a 2010 with less the 10K in some dealers collection. NT got such a bad rap for many dealers, (over priced, under power, etc. which I believe is untrue except maybe price), that they sit and sit. When I purchase mine last year, the local dealer had one sitting waiting for a home for too much. I purchase a low mileage NT with lots of bells for 6.5K, and very low mileage: and only 3 months old.
I find no machine with all the features of the NT for the price range they are now selling for. Twisties, highway, commutating, I think the NT can do that easy.

tawilke46

My fuzzy memory was attempting to remember some motorcycle mag articles on the subject.......seems like it took longer than a year, but like I said fuzzy memory. It can fool ya!

Just looked up the first FJR's in the U.S. You are absolutely correct John!

Last edited:

KMGuy

I hate to say it but that K100rs I bought is rapidly overtaking the NT for pleasure riding. The only negative thoughts I have on the NT are these. It feels like a pretty Plain Jane, vanilla ride compared to the K bike. Also, and this totally personal, is that it's a bit top heavy for me so I always seem to feel like I'm riding on the bike, not riding the bike. It's a very nimble bike and Honda reliability is undeniable, but I'd like to get a ADV bike next year and I'm really torn as to how I'm going to do that. Only have room for two bikes and the K bike I own outright. But the K will obviously cost more to maintain. I was checking out a CB500XA the other day and it was a very good fit for me. I'll have a long winter of thinking to do.

Top Bottom