What a day to ride in Michigan

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
Up at 5 to let the dogs out (12 house dogs), a muffin and coffee. The great dame decided I did not get up early enough, so spend time cleaning her bed and do a few chores. 9 AM roll Nathan (NT), out of garage. For the first time in weeks the weather in Michigan is near perfect as it has ever been, about 55 and only going up to mid 70's. Not rain for a few days so the gravel road I start on is nice and dry.

Head out for Big Rapids, to try a brewery that was ranked high by some experts (one beer and sandwich). Fantastic day on the Nathan, breaking in the new '4's, getting ready for a long coming week ride. First AMA Vintage days (even won free pass for the weekend), then head down to SC for following weekend.
This is a dry run on the new tires, just about 280 miles. First stop for gas at 201 miles, 3.7 gallons of gas (had to stop for my buddies ride), happy with the mileage. Nathan is perfect today, as usual just nice back road ride. Lots of riders out today enjoying Michigan.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Sounds like a great ride! Those perfect days are worth remembering and celebrating.

Top Bottom