What do I do with this?

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Picked these off the free table at the recycling center...do I just use them in my riding mowers?
a oil.jpg

If it's not JASO MA rated, don't put this oil in your wet clutch motorcycle. I think this is older auto engine oil. Likewise, don't put it in your newer car if it's not API service rated for that vehicle.

It may be OK for a mower.

Or possibly in your Toyota Matrix, if you riding mowers want a single grade oil.
Riding mower wants 10-30...the old and the new one...probably use it in the old one....
The matrix is my baby...still looks like new with 70 k on it.....

Well, do what you feel is right. I gave my Goldwing that I rode for 28 years and put 120,000 miles on to my son. Now he is driving it and it has over 140,000 miles. That is the oil I used most of those miles and the engine is like new, compression is perfect and it still uses no oil between oil changes. Original clutch also. I know oil threads get argumentative, and I'm just putting my view here. I have NOTHING to back it up, but I honestly believe that marketing has a lot to do with oil recommendations. You certainly do not have to agree with me and we can still be friends.:thumb:

That oil carries fairly recent Castrol packaging so you are OK timewise as long as the bottles are factory sealed.. The viscosity grade, 10-40 is OK to use in your mower for which 10-30 is recommended. If left on the shelf for prolonged periods however, the additives can settle out over time thus it would be a good idea to shake the bottles before use.

Mike

That oil carries fairly recent Castrol packaging so you are OK timewise as long as the bottles are factory sealed.. The viscosity grade, 10-40 is OK to use in your mower for which 10-30 is recommended. If left on the shelf for prolonged periods however, the additives can settle out over time thus it would be a good idea to shake the bottles before use.

Mike
Thanks!
1680200621072.png

Back
Top Bottom