What have you added to the panniers? Stickers, sayings, etc

I am thinking of putting the decals in this picture on the NT. Variations of this have been on both previous bikes. What do you think?

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I've got a Twisted Throttle sticker on the back of my left pannier; a GCE (the European equivalent of the US Concours Owners Group) sticker and a Kermit the Frog sticker in memory of Ken Morton, an Iron Butt Rally finisher who became a hero of mine when he finished the IBR on a GL500 Silverwing in 2003. Ken died during a possible tornado on I-80 near Sidney, NE, in the 2009 IBR.

I put about 2" wide red reflective tape on both sides that cover about 80% of the scratches from having dropped it on both sides. A plus is it's reflective and perhaps I can be seen better at night.

Terry

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I have the ST-700 decals like Chuck's (Same source). Black panniers on a red bike. Right pannier has an AMA sticker on the back and the left pannier has the Vietnam Veteran logo.
Windshield has the Combat Veteran Motorcycle Association Logo, and I put the 173Rd Airborne insignia on my EZ-Pass

Bike
2011 NT700 ABS (Frodo)
I made arrangements with my oldest son today to get the grandkids handprints on the panniers. The kids had a dance thing in Seattle this weekend or it would be done already.

Like several of you, my right side bag took some hits. Why not really personalize if they're just going to be replaced when I'm done and it gets sold anyway. It'll be one of one, for sure. You'll know it when you see it.

For the record, the first drop was while I slept during a very hot night in WV. I saw the new asphalt in the parking lot but mistakenly judged it solid enough for centerstand use. Wrongo! Both stanchions sank and the since the left side had a pontoon, the bike went horizontal, right.

The second marks were rubs received in a moving van when I had a mission of mercy to get my daughter some stuff she needed in LA. I tied Bilbo with right side against the wall of the rental truck since it was scratched up anyway, blasted I-5 in the truck, then rode the back roads home after delivery and set up. But that was an exception for my "little girl". Normally, if you see my bike on a truck or trailer, then one or both of us are dead.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
In an effort to be stealthy silver, to ward LEOs away from my significantly faster silver NT, VarmiNT only get washed when it rains... So I also have lots of dirt, bugs, and other questionable "things" scattered about... Hint: Following a truck load of chickens in stacked cages is a lot worse than following a cattle truck I can assure you...

Top Bottom