What I got for Christmas

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I've been riding Japanese sport-touring bikes for 13 years and church members constantly give me Harley stuff like hogs on Harleys, Harley-logo clothing, and on and on.

I've given up ... I thank them and pass it along. I won't even sleep in a Harley shirt. I've got too many COG rally shirts and IBA National Meeting shirts.

Bike
Bonneville T120
During a road trip in the car, my wife and I read aloud to each other from Proficient Motorcycling by D. Hough. When I told that to a friend she said, "How romantic!". To each her/his own.

I got a nice armored, leather jacket with a motorcycle brand logo on it. Not Honda, not HD. I'll bet you can guess. I also got an "eyelid" for the head lamp on my Bonneville T-100. It will be a nice retro touch! Thought about chrome fenders and a pedestrian slicer but I passed for now.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
I got two motorcycle covers. When I opened the second one I said "now I can get another bike" and my wife gave a look that forze up the fireplace, fire and all.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Now, Jim, as much as you are admired, you are obviously simply mistaken; that second cover must have been for a motorcycle for your better half!!?? No?? a snowmobile?? I just hate it when women expect us to simply read their minds...(I think I got that right - I'm normally opening another bottle of something when we get to that point...)
Ya, I was going to get her a new drill press a couple years ago, but I chickened out on that one. The welder was much better.

Top Bottom