What is the Horsepower output for the NT?

Marker

I may have missed it in the owners manual and the service manual, but a I can't find it anywhere.

Recent discussion in the RV park on horsepower produced by various bikes was entertaining, but I could not come up with a number to assist the discussion.

The way this bike performs, it seems that the horsepower of this 700cc engine is much more than larger cruiser style bikes.

Thanks, Gary

Last edited by a moderator:
Bike
KLR650, Red NT700V, YZFR3
I may have missed it in the owners manual and the service manual, but a I can't find it anywhere.

Recent discussion in the RV park on horsepower produced by various bikes was entertaining, but I could not come up with a number to assist the discussion.

The way this bike performs, it seems that the horsepower of this 700cc engine is mych more than larger cruiser style bikes.

Thanks, Gary
The claimed power at the crankshaft hp is 65hp. Dyno test measured 53.4 hp at the rear wheel.

http://www.mcnews.com/mcn/model_eval/2010MarNT700V.pdf

Bike
2010 Silver NT700 ABS
I've seen other published dyno reports putting the hp at anywhere between 57-59hp. Having owned a cruiser before, I agree with your assessment. I think its the weight and the nimble handling that makes the bike seem as powerful as some bigger bore cruisers. The fuel injection also increases the throttle response of cruisers I've ridden.

Top Bottom