What IS this good for?

Never heard this mentioned. Look down inside the well around your triple clamps on the right side as you sit in the seat. There is a metal inverted U shaped post welded to the frame. It is directly above the vehicle ID plate. Looks like something is supposed to mount on it. Anyone know what it is good for?

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
The brake proportioning valve is bolted to it on mine.
Upon closer inspection it isn't a valve, but just a connecting block for the brake lines. It connects the front brake master cylinder line to the line to the ABS modulation unit in the back. There is an other line that goes right under it that I thought was connected too, but it just comes close in a spot that's hard to see.

OP
OP
Upon closer inspection it isn't a valve, but just a connecting block for the brake lines. It connects the front brake master cylinder line to the line to the ABS modulation unit in the back. There is an other line that goes right under it that I thought was connected too, but it just comes close in a spot that's hard to see.
Thanks guys. Mine is non ABS so one of life's little mysteries is solved.

AzzA

No it's not... now you've got a mountain of possibilities of what you can bolt in there!

Oh the farkles and precious things that could fill that void. ;)

skiper

No it's not... now you've got a mountain of possibilities of what you can bolt in there!

Oh the farkles and precious things that could fill that void. ;)
one possibility is a telescopic mast for video periscope , thisway intersection accidents can be viewed from above , wo ho ho.

Top Bottom