What to do, What to do????

Bike
2013 Yamaha FJR1300
My wife has approved a '14 FJR. Approval is not quite necessary, but it makes life around the house easier.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Good luck on a 4-cyl NT or an updated ST1300. I think the CTX1300 is the updated ST1300. And I think Honda believes they've addressed the mid-sized sport-touring bike market with their decision to import the 2014 VFR-800 to the US.

I'd get the new FJR if I had your knees.

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Chuck, right now you have an apple, orange, pear and a peach .... why trade in the apple to get another orange?

There.. that made sense.. LOL

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Chris, it hasn't faded in the first 30,000 miles and I don't foresee that happening any time soon.:)

Good to hear Jim. I still can't get the Super Tenere out of my head and have decided that I must have one soon. This has been compounded by the winter snow that has kept me from riding this winter more than in the past. I always think about new bikes more when I cannot ride the ones I have. I am not retired like Chuck so I have missed what few nice riding days we have had. Next weeks forecast is looking great though. I even went to the dealer last night to ask them about the new 2014 and see if they would discount their 2013 heavily. The sales manager didn't seem to have much interest in selling me anything so I walked. The only ST they had was the matte grey one anyway. I want a blue one!

OP
OP
Chucksklrst
Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
So things have a way of working themselves out if one procrastinates long enough. Checked closer on the Blue FJR. Found out it does not have ABS and also some one put a deposit on it after I left the store. I want to thank every one for there comments, ideas, and suggestions. It was a enjoyable lighthearted discussion about my terrible dilemma. As some one already stated I have an apple, orange, pear and a peach. I don't even like fruit, but I do like my ST1300, NT700, Wee650, and DR650. So I have decided to keep them for another season and re-look my motorcycle issue again next year this time. I will put a new shock on the ST13 in a month or so and have it ready to go for the summer. Maybe Honda will have come up with something by then or maybe I can pick up a slightly/lightly used 2014 FJR next summer after the depreciation has been paid by some one else.

"Trade in one bike for the FJR - nice upgrade; Trade in both Honda's for new FJR - great!; Maintain the current stable you're happy with - cool!"

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions... Think I will just maintain my present Stable.

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Another option Chuck is to trade the ST/NT/Wee in on a new Super Ten ES... You'll get a bike that can tour as well as the ST/NT and handle dirt as well as the Wee... plus heated grips and cruise control.. just saying. Sorry to throw a banana in there.

OP
OP
Chucksklrst
Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Another option Chuck is to trade the ST/NT/Wee in on a new Super Ten ES... You'll get a bike that can tour as well as the ST/NT and handle dirt as well as the Wee... plus heated grips and cruise control.. just saying. Sorry to throw a banana in there.
I am sure it is a good bike, but for off the pavement lighter is better and the Wee does that just fine. I also tour on the Wee. Matter of fact, it is all packed up for RanchSToc. Will be leaving on Monday. I have been riding ST's not for over 20 years and I just can't see my self with out a ST or ST type bike. I am sure the Super Ten is a great machine but it is (in my opinion) uglier than the Wee. I will just keep what I have. My ST1300 is just now getting broken in and farkled where I like it.....after 11 years and 123000 miles. Had my daily banana today, but thanks any way.

Last edited:

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
LOL.. most adv type bikes are ugly... I've had the S10 and Wee and they are pretty equal in the dirt, in fact the traction control, brakes and Tour mode on the S10 make it a better bike in the dirt IMO.. but, I like bananas.

elizilla

I had 5 at one time and it was a little intimidating trying to take care of all of them and give them some kind of equal riding time:)
Sam
I was once up to five myself, and I had the same trouble. That is why I now limit myself to three.

Top Bottom